Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. iBook
  2. iMac
  3. Performa
  4. Power Mac
  5. PowerBook
So my new Sierra upgrade from El Cap. (GA-Z170N-Gaming 5) is working fine except for the fact that none of my USB ports recognize USB 3.0 devices, sort of. When I plug in a USB 2.0 device it works on all ports. If I plug in a USB 3.0 device it's only recognized on the USB 3.1 ports. I've installed the latest USBInjectAll.kext and, I believe, made the right config.plist edits but no dice.

When I watch for changes to the device tree using IORegistryExplorer, when plugging/unplugging devices, USB 2.0 devices show fine. USB 3.0 devices never show in the device tree even though, when plugged into 3.1 ports they mount on the Desktop.

Here are some screen caps from IORegistryExplorer and Clover Config.

View media item 188766
View media item 188764
View media item 188765
Help?

Last edited:
So my new Sierra upgrade from El Cap. (GA-Z170N-Gaming 5) is working fine except for the fact that none of my USB ports recognize USB 3.0 devices, sort of. When I plug in a USB 2.0 device it works on all ports. If I plug in a USB 3.0 device it's only recognized on the USB 3.1 ports. I've installed the latest USBInjectAll.kext and, I believe, made the right config.plist edits but no dice.

When I watch for changes to the device tree using IORegistryExplorer, when plugging/unplugging devices, USB 2.0 devices show fine. USB 3.0 devices never show in the device tree even though, when plugged into 3.1 ports they mount on the Desktop.

Here are some screen caps from IORegistryExplorer and Clover Config.

View media item 188766
View media item 188764
View media item 188765
Help?

https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-10-11-usb-changes-and-solutions.173616/

Thanks, RehabMan. I have read through your guide but my problem is, no matter what I try, I can't get more than 15 USB ports recognized in IOReg. I've used USBInjectAll.kext and the port-limiter patches but I'm stuck at 15. All HS ports and either one USR or SS port.

Thanks, RehabMan. I have read through your guide but my problem is, no matter what I try, I can't get more than 15 USB ports recognized in IOReg. I've used USBInjectAll.kext and the port-limiter patches but I'm stuck at 15. All HS ports and either one USR or SS port.

You should reply in the guide thread with the files requested in "Problem Reporting".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back