Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi everyone,
I upgraded my asus gtx770 2gb to a sapphire rx580 Nitro+ 8gb to have at last native support with my hackintosh build (10.13.6) and stop struggling everytime with nvidia web drivers. So the 1st issue I found with rx580 was that I can't export h264 from fcpx. Prores and every other codec was working great except h264. BruceX is giving me 15secs to mention and also geekbench 149000 score with rx580 at metal and Opencl. So after some research I found that I have to enable my igpu (4790k, hd4600) and so I did. Now I can export h264 from fcpx but there are glitches in the exported video expecially at the moments where I use transitions and blending with other clips. Its not the whole clip useless but its not usable also. So a lot of research again and I found some settings to use for my intel hd4600.

config.plist/Graphics/Inject/Intel=true
config.plist/Graphics/ig-platform-id=0x0d220003
config.plist/Devices/FakeID/IntelGFX=0x04128086
VT-d disabled or use dart=0
FakePCIID.kext + FakePCIID_Intel_HD_Graphics.kext

and install from multibeast "Core Graphics Fixup AKA Whatevergreen"

These settings didn't solve my issue. Also to mention that hd4600 shows normal capacity (1536mb) and it has a score of 15000 for metal at geekbench BUT a 0 score when I try the test with OpenCL. The exact same issue I had also with my previews gpu Asus GTX770 2GB when I enabled the igpu also. In this case ofc I could disable igpu and render w/o problem h264... now with rx580 only I can't. Any help would be much appreciated guys!

Attachments

• frame1.jpg
    frame1.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 57
  • frame2.jpg
    frame2.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 53
I found a temporary solution I think. I have enabled igpu from bios and i have disabled from clover "intel inject". So my system now is only showing RX580 but I can export h264. Ofc Hardware Encoding Support is No but its a workaround w/o glitches/issues at fcpx. I can't tell for sure if performance is the same as before... at least the benchmarks give the same scores.

Update: Fcpx is slower especially when i use the cursor to watch a clip.
Great I bought a card to have native support with my build and now I experience new issues!! thinking already to go back to win...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back