CPU
i7-6700k LGA 1151
Graphics
Nvidia GTX 1080 Ti 11 Gig
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I've been working with rehabman's tutorial to get my dsdt extracted and patched. Rehabman has been of great help and i have successfully extracted my dsdt and patched it but now when i replace it in the extra folder and reboot, my laptop just loads the apple logo with the turning circle endlessly. i've waited 30 mins and it still remains. i dont know what to do. Ive tried re extracting and patching 3 different times but the same thing happens every time. can anyone please give me pointers? i dont wish to give up on this process just yet. thank you

I've been working with rehabman's tutorial to get my dsdt extracted and patched. Rehabman has been of great help and i have successfully extracted my dsdt and patched it but now when i replace it in the extra folder and reboot, my laptop just loads the apple logo with the turning circle endlessly. i've waited 30 mins and it still remains. i dont know what to do. Ive tried re extracting and patching 3 different times but the same thing happens every time. can anyone please give me pointers? i dont wish to give up on this process just yet. thank you

At Chimera boot prompt choose verbose booting or type -v and see why the process is getting stuck.

Post both your unpatched dsdt and patched dsdt that doesn't work. I can run the autopatch on your native dsdt and diff against the one you created...

thanks rehabman i will post, in the mean time, here is the message i get in -v mode

Airport: RSN handshake complete on en1
23.180465: ATHR: unknown locale 60:
23.202521: ATHR: unknown locale 60:
23.966530: ATHR: unknown locale 60:

I just stays here 10 mins and counting

yes i do.

OK, then... nothing wrong with that DSDT. Maybe it is worthwhile comparing it against the dsdt that is working...

Code:
# copy it out of /Extra/dsdt.aml (assuming the one that is working is installed)
cp /Extra/dsdt.aml dsdt_that_is_working.aml
# disassemble, then compile, so there is some consistency in compilers used...
iasl -d dsdt_that_is_working.aml
iasl dsdt_that_is_working.dsl
# disassemble the one that doesn't work
iasl -d dsdt_patched_that_is_not_working.aml
# now compare ...
diff dsdt_that_is_working.dsl dsdt_patched_that_is_not_working.dsl
# now analyze output

And... have you tried a fresh install lately? Important to take random kexts out of the equation, especially if your install has gone through a lot of churn during the process...

thats what my suspicions are too. I'm thinking something to do with my wifi kext. Is there a way to auto remove kexts? like an app to do it? what kexts do u suggest i should consider removing

I would try fresh install to a secondary partition just to test. That eliminates a lot of variables. Then, depending on the results of that, you can start comparing kexts from fresh to your old install.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back