Contribute
Register

new motherboard instead of GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
GA-Z68X-UD3H
CPU
i7-2700K
Graphics
GeForce GT 710
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Power Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hello,

I think I'm having some issues with my motherboard and I would like to buy a new one to run some tests and replace it.
At the moment I'm having problems in finding a new one because it appears not to be sold anymore.
I would like to know if there could be a good alternative to it without the annoyance of buying new parts or processor.

I'm using it for Audio and video purposes.

Many thanks in advance.

I'm in UK.
Newegg doesn't work for us unfortunately.

Can't a Z77 board be used with the Sandybridge CPU? (And subsequently, work with OSX?) All other parts should work the same.

If possible -unless it's significantly cheaper to stay with the older Z68, and there's some major downside to using a Z77 board- why not invest in newer hardware as opposed to staying with the older?

Can't a Z77 board be used with the Sandybridge CPU? (And subsequently, work with OSX?) All other parts should work the same.

If possible -unless it's significantly cheaper to stay with the older Z68, and there's some major downside to using a Z77 board- why not invest in newer hardware as opposed to staying with the older?

That's why I asked about display connection. If using SB CPU on IB board with HD3000, extra injector kexts for the HD3000 need to be installed from the first MultiBeast use.

If using a gfx card, can use any 7 series board with the 2500k SB CPU and not worry about it.

At the moment I found a used one on eBay. Is a rev1.0 instead of a rev 1.3.
OutletPC doesn't specify what revision is it and I don't want to risk in occuring on custom taxes.
I think I'll try the eBay one and see what's the difference in the kind of revision.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back