Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hello

I just bought a new macbook pro 13 with mavericks pre-installed.

So I can not download mavericks from the store as it is already pre-installed on my mac

I would like to make a usb stick to install os x on a normal PC but unibeast says that the installation failed, I suppose that it's because I don't have downloaded the mavericks package.

I'm I right? If yes where can I download it?

Thanks for your help

Hello

I just bought a new macbook pro 13 with mavericks pre-installed.

So I can not download mavericks from the store as it is already pre-installed on my mac

I would like to make a usb stick to install os x on a normal PC but unibeast says that the installation failed, I suppose that it's because I don't have downloaded the mavericks package.

I'm I right? If yes where can I download it?

Thanks for your help

Hey,

A quick fix for this is:

1. Launch the App Store app

2. While it’s running, edit /System/Library/CoreServices/SystemVersion.plist

3. Change the version numbers to 10.8 for both and save.

4. Switch back to App Store, click on the big Mavericks Banner and it should say “Free Upgrade” rather than "Install". Click on it and it’ll ask for your Apple ID and associate it to your account. Now it should show up in your Purchase History, etc.

5. Now you've "bought" it, you can change your version numbers back to 10.9. Quit and relaunch App Store.

Make sure you launch the App Store first though. If you change your version number first it'll refuse to launch.

Thanks a lot for your help

sorry but I am newbee with mac and i can't modify this file it says that i'm not the owner of the file!

how should i do?

tks for your help

I succeed to change version but even if app store changed the text it's still not working (doesn't download)

Any other idea?

Thanks for your support

I succeed to change version but even if app store changed the text it's still not working (doesn't download)

Any other idea?

Thanks for your support

Umm did you change the System version, not the visible system version? You should try to edit it with http://www.barebones.com/products/textwrangler/, make sure to not save it as a .TXT double check if it has the .plist file extension after saving. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back