Contribute
Register

New Mac Pro revealed

Status
Not open for further replies.
MacMan said:
beelzebozo said:
The equivalent to the CustoMac Pro build from Apple is $2,724.00.

That's just insane. I can understand maybe dishing out the money for a Mac Book Pro, but not for a Mac Pro especially when I it's clear what is running under the hood.

I looked at the cost of my Custom system and just the major components without the peripherals and extras, say I already had components from an existing PC build and used them, and it's priced at $487.95 for the RAM, CPU, and Motherboard. And I think my "Mac" runs faster than any other system up until the new Mac Pros. Not trying to brag but having the option to OC up to almost 4.0 Ghz is awesome with my build.
Plus I saw that the new ATI cards aren't an option for older Mac Pros except maybe the 5870 for the 2009 - mid 2010 models but nobody really knows for sure yet where as I can continuously upgrade that if I needed to and if the video card can work with OS X and still have that option for sure with Windows 7 dual booting.

Obviously the new Mac Pros have SSD which I don't but once the price of SSDs come down to a reasonable price, then I'll look to incorporate that option.

I'm just hoping that we can get our hands on full native support now for the ATI cards without having to make kext edits and all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back