Contribute
Register

New Mac Pro About This Mac Spotted

Status
Not open for further replies.
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
<key>Copyright</key>
<string>SMBios by 7ender @ InMac.org Created with Champlist.app</string>
<key>SMbiosvendor</key>
<string>Apple Inc.</string>
<key>SMbiosversion</key>
<string>MP61.88Z.0116.B04.1312061508</string>
<key>SMboardproduct</key>
<string>Mac-F60DEB81FF30ACF6</string>
<key>SMcputype</key>
<string>1281</string>
<key>SMfamily</key>
<string>MacPro</string>
<key>SMmaximalclock</key>
<string>4400</string>
<key>SMmemtype</key>
<string>DDR3</string>
<key>SMproductname</key>
<string>MacPro6,1</string>
<key>SMserial</key>
<string>XXXXXXXXXXX</string>
</dict>
</plist>

if you did not show the SMserial,I cant do as you did,system always show machine as MP5,1.
Happy Holiday,Merry Christmas!

No, just not publicly put the serial number

Attachments

• Captura de pantalla 2013-12-25 a la(s) 19.52.35.png
    Captura de pantalla 2013-12-25 a la(s) 19.52.35.png
    71.6 KB · Views: 1,068
No, just not publicly put the serial number

how can you get the serial number,I found I could not use Champlist.app to create a macpro6,1 serial number,because the Champlist.app have not include that information of MP6,1.

So I am interested in how do you make it,do you get the information via Internet?

happy holiday!

how can you get the serial number,I found I could not use Champlist.app to create a macpro6,1 serial number,because the Champlist.app have not include that information of MP6,1.

So I am interested in how do you make it,do you get the information via Internet?

happy holiday!

Use the serial number and had to MP5.1

Use the serial number and had to MP5.1

Does your system logo change automatically after you mod the smplist and restart the computer,or you change the logo manually?

After I add the new serial number to my smplist and restart,my system's information have changed to later 2013 mac pro,but the logo still be as older unit.

So I dont know what is the problem and how to resolve it?can you tell me some advice?

Happy new year holiday!

regards!

Chris

Mac Pro Late 2013 Teardown have been coming via Ifixit!

Awesome hardware from Apple's new "trash can":clap:

http://www.ifixit.com/Teardown/Mac+Pro+Late+2013+Teardown/20778

I agree, it really looks like like a great piece of engineering. Although IMO it does seem a bit over-engineered and I see no real point in the design goals of making it smaller and round. Thats just me though since I never really cared about "smaller", "thiner" and "lighter" in general.

I just find it perplexing that the new Mac Pro is the only LGA2011 socket based platform with Thunderbolt or Thunderbolt 2 support. This just makes no sense to me.

Personally I'm starting to shift my attention to Haswell-E / LGA2011-3 / X99 later this year.

I agree, it really looks like like a great piece of engineering. Although IMO it does seem a bit over-engineered and I see no real point in the design goals of making it smaller and round. Thats just me though since I never really cared about "smaller", "thiner" and "lighter" in general.

I just find it perplexing that the new Mac Pro is the only LGA2011 socket based platform with Thunderbolt or Thunderbolt 2 support. This just makes no sense to me.

Personally I'm starting to shift my attention to Haswell-E / LGA2011-3 / X99 later this year.

new platform will make new compatiablity issues,so the apple always wait the new tech to be stable and then release this update machines.

This worked for me with 10.9.2 installed on the X79 UD5

Can't Thank you enough - very cool!!!

Used below settings in smbios.plist:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
<key>Copyright</key>
<string>SMBios by 7ender @ InMac.org Created with Champlist.app</string>
<key>SMbiosvendor</key>
<string>Apple Inc.</string>
<key>SMbiosversion</key>
<string>MP61.88Z.0116.B04.1312061508</string>
<key>SMboardproduct</key>
<string>Mac-F60DEB81FF30ACF6</string>
<key>SMcputype</key>
<string>1281</string>
<key>SMfamily</key>
<string>MacPro</string>
<key>SMmaximalclock</key>
<string>4400</string>
<key>SMmemtype</key>
<string>DDR3</string>
<key>SMproductname</key>
<string>MacPro6,1</string>
<key>SMserial</key>
<string>XXXXXXXXXXX</string>
</dict>
</plist>

Buy that man a couple shots and a beer!!

Cheers!!

-G

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-02-28 at 5.25.31 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2014-02-28 at 5.25.31 PM.png
    89.5 KB · Views: 533
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back