Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hey everyone, so I never had shutdown problems on my X79 build that other users were reporting until recently so I went and started messing with my perfectly functioning machine and I've created a problem now.
I ran the latest multibeast 4.5.2 and the only thing I did different was try out the new patched audio codecs.

I've tried booting with Rboot and off the drive both with different commands, such as PCIRootUID=0/1, UseKernelCache=No.. It started to look like it was going to go with /f but just spins and spins to the no smoking sign.

Here is the Verbose picture.
7347617464_3c4a381a64_b.jpg

I noticed it mentions digidesign, so I went ahead and removed the PCIe cards from the system but still won't boot =(

Please help!

So i assume you have Protools installed ?
Then the kernel extension "DigiDal.kext" is problaby the cause for your KP.

So go into System/Library/Extentions and remove it.
Then reboot.

When you update Protools, then you have to do this step again, cause a Protools update will install the DigiDal.kext again.

Hope this helps !

G'day guyz,

The digidal.kext is the problem, but in some cases you can't just delete it,
i'm using an M-audio project mix i/o and after deleting the kext i could get back into Lion,
Pro Tools would load fine, but when i went to play or record i would get an 'access violation'

after some cyber searching i found this:= http://www.tonymacx86.com/viewtopic.php?p=322272#p322272

i followed this great solution by 'genzai' and it worked fine for me

Yours, pipco

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back