NVIDIA GeForce GTX 650 Ti BOOST 2047 MB
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi All,
I recently upgraded my monitor to a DGM 27inch 2560x1440 monitor, and since then once the Apple boot screen goes the monitor goes black and says no signal. If I unplug the cable (DVI) and plug it back in the screen then works correctly until I reboot. The screen also works if you put the system to sleep, then wake it up all is good until a restart. The monitor works fine in windows 7, Just not in OSX. I have tried Graphics enabler yes and no, Graphics card is a Ati HD6770, I have tried all the different things from the forums I can find, but to no avail. At the moment putting the system to sleep works but it would be nice to get it working correctly, as it did with my old 1920x1080 Acer monitor.

Any help will be gratefully received.

Thanks to all on the forum for helping me get my setup running as well as it does

Regards
Neil

Hi All,
I recently upgraded my monitor to a DGM 27inch 2560x1440 monitor, and since then once the Apple boot screen goes the monitor goes black and says no signal. If I unplug the cable (DVI) and plug it back in the screen then works correctly until I reboot. The screen also works if you put the system to sleep, then wake it up all is good until a restart. The monitor works fine in windows 7, Just not in OSX. I have tried Graphics enabler yes and no, Graphics card is a Ati HD6770, I have tried all the different things from the forums I can find, but to no avail. At the moment putting the system to sleep works but it would be nice to get it working correctly, as it did with my old 1920x1080 Acer monitor.

Any help will be gratefully received.

Thanks to all on the forum for helping me get my setup running as well as it does

Regards
Neil

try going to your extra folder on your hard drive then opening org.chamelon.boot.plist with text edit at the end of everything add <key>Graphics Mode</key>
<string>2560x1440x32</string>

Are you using a Dual-Link DVI cable?

[SOLVED] New IPS monitor, goes black after Apple boot screen

Thanks aaron97, that worked a treat, I had tried that at the Tonymac screen but it hadn't worked. So thanks again Neil

I had the same problem with my Dell 2713. It was driving me nuts. I took a guess that it hawd to do with the resoultion change. I figured this out by disabling the graphics enabler string. When everything stayed in low-res it booted just fine. Figured it was worth a shot to force hi res on boot and it worked.

Are you using the mdp to DP cable?

I had the same problem with my Dell 2713. It was driving me nuts. I took a guess that it hawd to do with the resoultion change. I figured this out by disabling the graphics enabler string. When everything stayed in low-res it booted just fine. Figured it was worth a shot to force hi res on boot and it worked.

Are you using the mdp to DP cable?

Hi,
Even if i boot with graphics enabler=no I still get HD resolution. I had tried doing the resolution change from the tonymac boot screen but it didn't work, but I probably missed out the punctuation marks lol. I use only a DVI-D cable
Neil

try going to your extra folder on your hard drive then opening org.chamelon.boot.plist with text edit at the end of everything add <key>Graphics Mode</key>
<string>2560x1440x32</string>

I have the same problem as the thread opener (2560x1440 screen goes black when OS X appears), and your chameleon preferences here changed the resolution in Chameleon and during boot, but after boot I still have to unplug and plug in the monitor cord. Any other ideas?

I have the same problem as the thread opener (2560x1440 screen goes black when OS X appears), and your chameleon preferences here changed the resolution in Chameleon and during boot, but after boot I still have to unplug and plug in the monitor cord. Any other ideas?

We have pretty much the exact same problem. Just scouring the forums to try and find a solution. Did you finally fix it? Can anyone else advice?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back