Contribute
Register

New install went from awesome to toast

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3
CPU
i5 << need model # >> See Forum Rules !!
Graphics
HD 6850
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Power Mac
  2. PowerBook
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
After my initial install the machine was solid & fast with some functionality missing; dual monitor, audio, iTunes.
So I ran multibeast again. At first I just ran the audio stuff and it KPd on reboot. Let me boot up again and I got to run the full multibeast setup shown on the how-to page.....now I'm just kernel panicking.....booted from usb to repair disk to no avail.
Panics during boot grey screen/apple & pinwheel every time.
Booted from USB again.
Repairing permissions I get a long string of:
Warning: SUID file "Path goes here" has been modified and will not be repaired
Probably 25+ different items with that warning

Reinstalling from the USB as we speak
:|

Yes, I wish TonyMac would put a big SAMPLE across that picture in the UniBeast/MultiBeast tutorial, lol. I can't tell you how many people I've met in that chat room who have had similar problems after checking every box shown in that image.

There are a couple other audio kexts floating around for the ALC8xx codec. There's one from a user named Toleda, and then another user named veng58 posted one also. You might search around for these and have a look. Veng58's method worked very well for me, and got my audio to work when the stock MultiBeast kexts would not. But it certainly may not be for everybody, so you'll need to look around a bit--and you can usually get more information in the chat room.

TB

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back