Contribute
Register

New install, stuck on grey apple screen with scrolling wheel.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Corsair
CPU
i7 3770k
Graphics
Intel 4000
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
IMG_0709.jpg

So I have installed ML on this system before, went to do a fresh install, installs OSX just fine, but when I reboot I get stuck on this screen. I am running Gigabyte Z77X-UP5TH, Intel graphics 4000, Intel 3770K, can't seem to figure this out... Any help?

Much appreciated!

Boot with -v and post the screenshot.

Seems we have the same problem.
After a clean install of 10.8.3 I cannot get into ML when I boot from the harddisk, then I also get stuck on the apple screen and scrolling wheel. The thing is that I can boot into OSX when I boot from the unibeast usb drive, but I also want to boot from the disk itself.

Seems we have the same problem.
After a clean install of 10.8.3 I cannot get into ML when I boot from the harddisk, then I also get stuck on the apple screen and scrolling wheel. The thing is that I can boot into OSX when I boot from the unibeast usb drive, but I also want to boot from the disk itself.

No, you have the same symptoms, it does not necessarily mean you have the same problem! There's literrally hundreds of faults that can cause the spinning wheel on grey apple screen.

What we need is more information to determine what is actually wrong. Boot in verbose mode (-v), take a picture when it stops and we will have more to go on.

I had these problems also but now it works.
What I done is to NOT check User/free DSDT option in Multibeast, but to install Chimera 2.0.1 on the DD.
After that I can boot from the USB and then choose the Mountain Lion DD without safe mode.

Then I think what has unblock the direct boot on the DD is to install Multibeast with the FakeSMC option, but not User/free DSDT.

BTW It's my first hack...

No, you have the same symptoms, it does not necessarily mean you have the same problem! There's literrally hundreds of faults that can cause the spinning wheel on grey apple screen.

What we need is more information to determine what is actually wrong. Boot in verbose mode (-v), take a picture when it stops and we will have more to go on.
You are right.

I had two problems:

1. failed to load SMC driver
2. Unable to open /var/db/BootCache.playlist

Both are gone now (fakesmc + hard set GraphicsEnabler=No) and i can boot from the hdd like before.

So here's what I've got... OSX doesn't seem to install at all this time around...

(Edit: iPhone seems to have my photos upside down?)

IMG_0726.jpgIMG_8081.jpg

I had these problems also but now it works.
What I done is to NOT check User/free DSDT option in Multibeast, but to install Chimera 2.0.1 on the DD.
After that I can boot from the USB and then choose the Mountain Lion DD without safe mode.

Then I think what has unblock the direct boot on the DD is to install Multibeast with the FakeSMC option, but not User/free DSDT.

BTW It's my first hack...

What is "DD"?

I can't quite follow your post. Can you clarify please?

Thanks

Facing the same issue, stuck at grey apple wheel, and wandering what is the DD?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back