Contribute
Register

New Install on HP dv5-2074dx (Assistance?)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
First of all, this is the laptop in question: http://www.bestbuy.com/site/HP+-+Pavili ... &cp=1&lp=1

I have been attempting to follow the iBoot guide using my retail 10.6.0 installation disk, but was getting a kernel panic any time I attempted to install either the 10.6.3 or 10.6.5 combo updates. After a bit of research, I found a post stating this issue was not found in a 10.6.3 base install. As such, I went and purchased a 10.6.3 disk from Best Buy to attempt installation.

I was able to install fine and then update to 10.6.5. Prior to reboot, I ran Multibeast and selected only EasyBeast.

Now, after rebooting, I'm unable to get into the Mac OS using regular or safe mode. It just results in the eternal spinning circle of dots. When attempting verbose, it seems to get stuck on:

ACPI_SMC_PlatformPlugin:start-waitForService(ResourceMatching(AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement) timed out

I've attempted booting with:
-x -f -v
cpus=1 -x -f -v
cpus=1 busratio=16 -x -f -v
and variations without the -f/-v

I did make a time machine backup prior to the 10.6.5 update, so I can revert to that, but does anyone have any ideas as to what might be causing this? I'm new to OSX86, as this is my second system to attempt it on after getting it mostly working on my EEE PC.

I think your problem is that when you upgrade to 10.6.5 you have to delete the SleepEnabler.Kext from Extra and System / Library / Extensions besides that you have to keep Usb Kext version 10.6.3 because probably in the 10.6 0.5 do not work but copying the 10.6.3 you is solved.

Try and count as you have given to see if we are lucky.

It seems that 10.6.5 isn't going to be much of an option for me at this juncture. As such, I've decided to simply get the most operational system I can on this laptop as of 10.6.3.

Currently I have 10.6.3 installed, with the below working:
Keyboard, Trackpad (Can tap the pad for clicking, but the actual buttons don't work.)
Wireless (Seems to have issues with joining Wireless N WPA2 networks.), Ethernet

Not Working:
Intel HD Graphics, Webcam, Chameleon Bootloader.

Currently I have to boot with iboot using 'cpus=1' in order to reach the OS, but it seems to run fine otherwise once within. I'm using a DSDT I exported using Ubuntu Live CD! - Do I need to do any manner of patching to this DSDT prior to using it?

I've tried replacing the kernel with this: viewtopic.php?f=34&t=3473 and removing the mentioned kexts. It enables me to boot via Chameleon, however my 'Apple' key doesn't seem to work with this kernel installed, nor does my Ethernet show up as installed.

Any thoughts?

I think I have the same system as you. Maybe you could help I have been having a really hard time to get 10.6.3 installed on my i3 can you give me a run down of what you did to get 10.6.3 installed? bootloader ? boot flags? etc.. no matter what I do I seem to get hung up on acpi panic any help you could offer would be great.

Can you tell me what parameters you used for your first 10.6 installation? My retail SL is only 10.6. When I installed onto my i5 desktop, I was able to replace the right files to get 10.6.3 to work, and I'm happy enough with that version.

With the Intel HD graphics not working, how does it affect things? Lower resolution? No QE?

I just got my laptop today, and even though the price was awesome, I'm having buyer's remorse since it's not running OS X. Hopefully that will change ...

How did you export DSDT file from Ubuntu? I have a similar laptop and I am having trouble getting SL to work.

If your graphics card is an Intel GMA 4500HD, you can get the kexts from kexts.com

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back