Contribute
Register

New install for ASUS TUF Gaming Z790-Plus WiFi D4 w/i7-13700K CPU

You don’t know, but lots of other users on this site and other Hackintosh sites do know. It is why users are recommended to undertake research before buying components, to minimise risk of their Hack running in to issues.

The Samsung drive is a good choice for Windows or as a data drive, just not as a macOS boot drive. If you plan to dual boot macOS and Windows using the Samsung drive for Windows would be a good save. But get a more compatible NVME drive for macOS.

The Trim and boot issue doesn’t start immediately it creeps up, so that a system that once booted in 20 seconds starts misbehaving with loooong boot times. With no rhyme or reason evident for the changes occurring.
Ok, thanks! I'll keep that in mind. Do you think the WD SN850 is a good choice? Or what's the best in your opinion?

Last edited:
Ok, thanks! I'll keep that in mind. Do you think the WD SN850 is a good choice? Or what's the best in your opinion?
The WD SN850X is the best choice. See the following thread for more information.

The WD SN850X is the best choice. See the following thread for more information.

Thanks again. SN850 and SN850X are like 20€ apart so I guess I should go with the X.

VT-D?

Are you guys running with VT-D enabled or disabled?

I installed with it enabled, and have been running with it enabled for a week now.

However, I keep reading that it should be disabled.

I'm not totally new to hackintoshing; I built my first hackintosh in 2016 and that one had VT-D disabled. I just didn't think to do that to this one.

Here's the crazy part: I disabled VT-D on our board, and... it crashes upon booting to the Finder desktop.

When I re-enable VT-D, no problem.

I reset NVRAM repeatedly.

What's going on, and should I care?

With OpenCore you can run your system with VT-D enabled or disabled.

If VT-D is enabled all you need to do is enable the Kernel > Quirks > DisableIoMapper entry in your config.plist.

With OpenCore you can run your system with VT-D enabled or disabled.

If VT-D is enabled all you need to do is enable the Kernel > Quirks > DisableIoMapper entry in your config.plist.

That's interesting! Thanks.

Hello

I'm sorry to bother you with this but after going round in circles for so long I need your expert advice.

MB: ASUS TUF Gaming Z790-Plus WiFi d4
CPU: i7-12700K
RAM; Crucial Pro RAM 64GB DDR4 - 3200 MT/s
GC: gigabyte radeon rx 6600 eagle 8g

I created my bootable USB stick using this tutorial

And I used openCore 0.9.6 and OCAuxiliaryTools.
OC and Kexts are up to date

In APCI, I added :
SSDT-AWAC
SSDT-EC-USBX-DESKTOP
SSDT-PLUG-ALT
SSDT-RHUB

In Kexts:
AppleALC
IntelMausi
Lilu
VirtualSMC
WhateverGreen

I used to get stuck at the very beginning of the progress bar when booting.

With my current changes I can't even get to the progress bar. Now I get stuck loading APCI.

APCI Warning: Unsupported module-level executable opcode 0x70 at table offset 0x15A60

I'm going round in circles. If anyone has any ideas, I'd love to hear from you.

Here is my config.plist from my USB Boot

Attachments

• config.plist
    47.7 KB · Views: 1
Hello

I'm sorry to bother you with this but after going round in circles for so long I need your expert advice.

MB: ASUS TUF Gaming Z790-Plus WiFi d4
CPU: i7-12700K
RAM; Crucial Pro RAM 64GB DDR4 - 3200 MT/s
GC: gigabyte radeon rx 6600 eagle 8g

I created my bootable USB stick using this tutorial

And I used openCore 0.9.6 and OCAuxiliaryTools.
OC and Kexts are up to date

In APCI, I added :
SSDT-AWAC
SSDT-EC-USBX-DESKTOP
SSDT-PLUG-ALT
SSDT-RHUB

In Kexts:
AppleALC
IntelMausi
Lilu
VirtualSMC
WhateverGreen

I used to get stuck at the very beginning of the progress bar when booting.

With my current changes I can't even get to the progress bar. Now I get stuck loading APCI.

APCI Warning: Unsupported module-level executable opcode 0x70 at table offset 0x15A60

I'm going round in circles. If anyone has any ideas, I'd love to hear from you.

Here is my config.plist from my USB Boot
Zip and post your entire EFI for more help without serial numbers. The config.plist only tells part of the story.

Attachments

• efi.zip
    20.8 MB · Views: 6
And as you were talking about ssd above.
Could the M.2 PCIe Gen4 Crucial P5 Plus be a bootable drive or should we stick with the reputable WD_BLACK SN850X?

Back