Contribute
Register

New install for ASUS TUF Gaming Z790-Plus WiFi D4 w/i7-13700K CPU

I goofed about saying it was a 6800XT. It's a 6700XT.
Okay, that makes a big difference. The 6700 is now supposed to work but instead of Whatevergreen.kext you will need the NootRX.kext. @Edhawk has experience there and can probably jump in and help.

It's a 6700XT. I'll have to make the changes that @Leesureone recommended.

Yes the RX 6700 XT that I am using works in macOS with NootRX.kext.

You need to remove WhateverGreen.kext from your OC/Kexts folder and config.plist.
You need to remove the agdpmod=pikera boot argument, if present, from your config.plist.

Add the latest release of NootRX.kext from the Actions tab on the NootRX GitHub page.

Yes the RX 6700 XT that I am using works in macOS with NootRX.kext.

You need to remove WhateverGreen.kext from your OC/Kexts folder and config.plist.
You need to remove the agdpmod=pikera boot argument, if present, from your config.plist.

Add the latest release of NootRX.kext from the Actions tab on the NootRX GitHub page.

Unfortunately, I do not see any NootRX kext or reference to one at that link. What am I missing? (I did finally finish my daily pot of coffee...)

Try clicking the title of the kext, not the word ‘master’.

@Edhawk I clicked on the Actions Tab but do not see any NootRX kext or reference to the kext. Do I need to click on something else after getting to the Actions page?

This all assumes you have a GitHub account and are signed in to your account. Without this you won't be able to download the Artifacts folder.

Do the following:

Screenshot 2023-11-01 at 20.39.30.png Select Actions tab

Screenshot 2023-11-01 at 20.41.03.png Select most recent Master edit

Screenshot 2023-11-01 at 20.43.04.png Select Artifacts link to download folder

Screenshot 2023-11-01 at 20.45.01.png Open Artifacts folder and double-click release zip

Screenshot 2023-11-01 at 20.45.19.png NootRX.kext is extracted and ready for use/testing.

Not the easiest or simplest way to get hold of a kext, but it works with unsupported GPU's so the benefits far out weigh the hidden location of the kext.

Last edited:
Do the following:

View attachment 573740 Select Actions tab

View attachment 573741 Select most recent Master edit

View attachment 573742 Select Artifacts link to download folder

View attachment 573743 Open Artifacts folder and double-click release zip

View attachment 573744 NootRX.kext is extracted and ready for use/testing.

Not the easiest or simplest way to get hold of a kext, but it works with unsupported GPU's so the benefits far out way the hidden location of the kext.
Arrggg! Artifacts is not a link so I can click on it to download it. I've tried with several browers (FireFox and Safari).

Sorry, forgot to say that you need to have a GitHub account to download the kext. Copy of latest attached below.

Attachments

• NootRX-1.0.0-RELEASE.zip
    2.1 MB · Views: 25
Back