Contribute
Register

New install for ASUS TUF Gaming Z790-Plus WiFi D4 w/i7-13700K CPU

bad card?
Good question. I'll put it in my Z690 system to see. Do any of you have a 6700 XT in your system? I need to know if I need to change the config.plist to spoof or add something.

Good question. I'll put it in my Z690 system to see. Do any of you have a 6700 XT in your system? I need to know if I need to change the config.plist to spoof or add something.
I am using a 6800XT card - it it works fine - have you checked my config files in this thread ond others have used it and expanded upon too i belive - My 6800XT was plug and play!

I am using a 6800XT card - it it works fine - have you checked my config files in this thread ond others have used it and expanded upon too i belive - My 6800XT was plug and play!
Yes, I have. However, I'll review your last posted EFI to review the appropriate graphics settings in the config.plist.

All good with the latest BIOS (1402) flashed. Using Windows 11, Ventura and Sonoma :headbang:

A new entry in the BIOS looks to be "Intel(R) Dynamic Tuning Technology"
hi, I updated bios to 1402 but lost user profile and user profile from usb created on older bios does not work. I set all settings manually but getting instant reboots right after login into MacOS. Can you kindly share your bios settings? thank you

Yes, I have. However, I'll review your last posted EFI to review the appropriate graphics settings in the config.plist.
Hi @Stork, in the BIOS do you have graphics set for Pcie or PEG? Once upon a time I had to adjust the version of the Graphics Pcie slot from 4.0 to 3.0 to get the display to function, by default it's probably 5.0. Maybe try 4.0 or even 3.0.
Also I wanted to verify you are using a 6800 and not a 6700 model as per one of your posts. 6700 are now possible to enable but not using Whatevergreen.kext.

Last edited:
It looks like undervolting I used in older BIOS in order to lower power consumption does not work in last bios update. when I turn it off, it works.

Hi @Stork, in the BIOS do you have graphics set for Pcie or PEG? Once upon a time I had to adjust the version of the Graphics Pcie slot from 4.0 to 3.0 to get the display to function, by default it's probably 5.0. Maybe try 4.0 or even 3.0.
Also I wanted to verify you are using a 6800 and not a 6700 model as per one of your posts. 6700 are now possible to enable but not using Whatevergreen.kext.
I'm using a 6700.

Thanks for the tips. I'll check the BIOS shortly and remove Whatevergreen.

I'm using a 6700.

Thanks for the tips. I'll check the BIOS shortly and remove Whatevergreen.
Did you get the 6800xt to work?

Back