Contribute
Register

New install for ASUS TUF Gaming Z790-Plus WiFi D4 w/i7-13700K CPU

We don't understand your question

We don't understand your question
He meant if you use a bluetooth keyboard if it works to get into the BIOS or to navigate the OpenCore boot menu.

cpufriend how to use?

Any opinions / wisdom sent my way would be appreciated. I read all 51 pages and am reading Dortania while my products ship. This will be my third hackintosh but first one without training wheels (I built Casey's build previously and ordered everything he did except GPU and CPU). This one I'm trying my hand at USB mapping and SSDT's etc. Thus, I'm starting an EFI build on my install USB right now.

My USB installer is Ventura 13.4.1. Do you think this could be a problem? Or should I try and install an earlier version of MacOS?

I have Windows 10 installed successfully on a SSD with my current hack so I figure if I can't get MacOS running right away, I can still do work on this build. I'm a little nervous because my current i9-9900k hack is also my full time work-from-home computer and I plan on putting this new hack in the current case with current PSU.

So if I run into problems, I'm out a computer :crazy: ... Too risky?

I do have another case with an old PSU, I'd just need to buy a temporary cooler for the i9-9000k OR keep my Noctua NH-D15s which is currently on it and buy a water cooler solution for my 19-13900kf... but I had water cooling for my 9900k previously and it was too noisy. Any thoughts on this? (Yes, I was thinking of air cooling the 13900kf).

What's coming:
Asus TUF Gaming Z790 + WIFI DDR5
G.Skill Trident Z5 DDR5 6400, 64 GB
2 TB WD BLACK SN850X NVMe M.2
i9-13900KF
XFX Speedster 6950 XT (which I'll have to spoof)

I would definitely get it running ok before disturbing the work-from-home build, this one is working great (Triple boot) now but initially took some figuring out.
Thank you! Do you think I should go water cooled for the 13900KF?

Back