Contribute
Register

New install for ASUS TUF Gaming Z790-Plus WiFi D4 w/i7-13700K CPU

Hi Everyone,

Please correct me if I'm wrong:

AirDrop is *NEVER* going to work on the stock Intel Wifi/BT hardware, right?

So, if I don't want to add hardware like a Fenvi, and if I'm content using LocalSend instead of AirDrop (which I think I am, frankly), then I may as well update to Sonoma, right?

Are there performance reasons to not update to Sonoma on these boards? They're modern, after all.

Just wondering.

Thanks!

Hi Everyone,

Please correct me if I'm wrong:

AirDrop is *NEVER* going to work on the stock Intel Wifi/BT hardware, right?
probably correct

Correct about Airdrop and Intel WiFi/BT not working.

LocalSend is also the correct choice as regards a local file sharing app when using a non-Apple WiFi/BT card.

There is No performance hit when running macOS Sonoma.

Very informative, thanks!

Hi all. Doing this same build again for a family member but he wants to use a low powered 14th gen Intel CPU (seems like a i5 14500). Has anyone had success with this build on 14th gen? I believe the motherboard needs to be updated to the latest BIOS, correct?

Can you share your BIOS Setup. I Have the same board but it wont go into EFI OpenCore mode. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong. It just goes back into the BIOS.

This config is for macOS Ventura 13.0 on a Asus TUF Gaming Z790-Plus WiFi D4 motherboard with an Intel i7-13700K CPU, 128 GB DDR4 RAM, and a AMD Saphire 5700XT Video card

Also, you will need to generate a new Serialnumber, MLB, SmUUID, ROM numbers under the OC Gen X SMBIOS tab.
Please regen your numbers and do not use these numbers included - I gened them up for this posting only...
Can you post your BIOS Settings? I'm having huge issues getting the Machine to boot into open core. It just goes back into the BIOS.

Can you post your BIOS Settings? I'm having huge issues getting the Machine to boot into open core. It just goes back into the BIOS.
Hit F8 during boot and select it manually. Or set EFI partition as 1st boot. By going into BIOS and changing boot order.

Hit F8 during boot and select it manually . Or set EFI partition as 1st boot.. By going into bios and changing boot order.
I did F8 and it goes into the bios still. It seems like something is not right in the BIOS or im building the EFI incorrectly.Can you share your settings in the BIOS? Also can you share how you built your EFI boot disk? I have done this before with T40 Dell, T30 Dell and a few notebooks with no issues. Just seems like the BIOS has issues booting Opencore EFI BIOS. Any help would be awesome thx you

Back