Contribute
Register

New install 10.6.3 Snow Leopard - wont boot without iboot - somebody gotta know something!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
built from parts from newegg
CPU
i7-3770 "ivy" LGA 1155
Graphics
none
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. iBook
  2. Power Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
  2. Other
I followed all the steps in the guide (except for the partition=1 or 0 thing) I dont have a video card..... Everything installed fine, it looks like a working Mac OS except when I hit the power button it goes to the white screen with the grey apple on it and just sits there. The only way I can get into the OS is to us iboot, and after away that stops working too and i get a crash screen that says to turn the power off on my computer....

Is there anyone that can suggest anything??????

here is my hardware and settings list.

Gigabyte Z77-D3sh motherboard
16gb DDR3 Crucial Ram
Toshiba 256 SSD
Intel i7 3700 (non k)
no video card (using the onboard graphics of the cpu)

HPET enabled (couldnt find 64 bit mode in the UEFI /bios)
ACHI - enabled
VT-d - disabled
XHCI handoff - enabled
EHCI handoff - enabled

I read that these settings need to be disabled or enabled for various reasons... I cant remember the sources Ive read so much stuff from so many different places over the last 2 weeks. Retail disk was 10.6.3 then upgraded to 10.6.7 with combo update +multibeast then upgraded to 10.6.8 + multibeast. etc.... just like the guides say to do.

on top of this boot issue, I cant get audio or network to work, but that will be in another post.

I'm in the same boat as this guy, kind of. I have done this install on about four computers before and never had the problem I am having now. I installed 10.6.3 from the DVD and now when I boot I can't get into OSX without iBoot Ivy Bridge edition and further to that, I can copy things from a USB to the drive in OSX but I cannot install anything. It's like the system is in a read-only mode when it comes to installing things. On the drive's permissions everything is set to read & write for all the users. It is frustrating because I want to install the Chimera bootloader so I can boot properly but can't, I can't install Multibeast and I can't make a bootable USB with Unibeast because even that needs to install crap on the hard drive, I don't know why. This is baffling.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back