PNY NVIDIA GeForce GT 640
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
GA H55M UD2H / GForce 9 Series vid

I built this system 7 months ago and it went together perfect at that time I even successfully upgraded to Lion the first time no problem. However now....

I purchased a new hdd 500gb and wanted to reload everything. Every time I upgrade to 10.6.8 it installs with no issues I run the MBeast utilities they consistently fail repeatedly and upon reboot after the upgrade it get's stuck on the grey apple with a bite out of it screen.

I've searched the forums and can't land on the same issue as mine.

frwgt350net said:
GA H55M UD2H / GForce 9 Series vid

I built this system 7 months ago and it went together perfect at that time I even successfully upgraded to Lion the first time no problem. However now....

I purchased a new hdd 500gb and wanted to reload everything. Every time I upgrade to 10.6.8 it installs with no issues I run the MBeast utilities they consistently fail repeatedly and upon reboot after the upgrade it get's stuck on the grey apple with a bite out of it screen.

I've searched the forums and can't land on the same issue as mine.

If you have the original drive available - and an external enclosure - you might want to try cloning the original (using SUPERDUPER or CARBON COPY CLONER) - then replace the old drive with the new one - should be a breeze.

Try update to 10.6.8 and, instead of MultiBeast System Utilities, use Disk Utility to repair permissions, then reboot and use -f -v boot flags

I did the Disk Utility to repair permissions and rebooted using -f -v boot flags but it still won't boot past the grey apple screen any other tips I'm running out of ideals

frwgt350net said:
I did the Disk Utility to repair permissions and rebooted using -f -v boot flags but it still won't boot past the grey apple screen any other tips I'm running out of ideals
By "grey apple screen" are you talking about the grey screen with the apple in the middle and the rotating circle of bars below?
If you boot with -v boot flag you should never see it.

If you are talking about what may be a pale blue screen which may appear after the screen above and before the desktop - you have a gfx card problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back