i7-3770
Graphics
RX 590
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
New Hackint0sh (first time) GPU question - GeForce 660

Hey everyone. I just put together my first Hackint0sh with the help of my little brother who has built and stabilized one before.

Here are my important parts:

Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD5H

GPU: Gigabyte GeForce 660 2GB (non-TI)
Processor: I7 3770 3.4G
RAM: 2 8GB Sticks

The install of Mac OS 10.8.4 went flawlessly, and after my brother installed the necessary drivers, I was up and running. I have finally noticed my first problem. When playing Half-Life 2, without the graphics even cranked up to the maximum (they are left on default levels - the resolution is only 1024x768), the computer seems to be choking. It's not completely freezing up, but it's definitely not performing the way it should be on the hardware I have in this machine.

My best guess is that there needs to be some GPU configuration and optimization going on before I can expect my computer to punch games like Half Life 2 in the throat? Anyone else experienced something similar?

Hey everyone. I just put together my first Hackint0sh with the help of my little brother who has built and stabilized one before.

Here are my important parts:

Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD5H

GPU: Gigabyte GeForce 660 2GB (non-TI)
Processor: I7 3770 3.4G
RAM: 2 8GB Sticks

The install of Mac OS 10.8.4 went flawlessly, and after my brother installed the necessary drivers, I was up and running. I have finally noticed my first problem. When playing Half-Life 2, without the graphics even cranked up to the maximum (they are left on default levels - the resolution is only 1024x768), the computer seems to be choking. It's not completely freezing up, but it's definitely not performing the way it should be on the hardware I have in this machine.

My best guess is that there needs to be some GPU configuration and optimization going on before I can expect my computer to punch games like Half Life 2 in the throat? Anyone else experienced something similar?

Try adding Graphics Mode = "1920x1080x32" in /Extra/org.chameleon.Boot.plist. You can also use MultiBeast to set this.

My current monitor's native resolution is 1600x1200 (new 1920x1080 monitor should get here Wednesday). I checked the file and that line is already in place (of course it says 1600x1200x32, rather than 1920x1080x32).

Thanks for the reply. What else can I do to make it run the way it should?

My current monitor's native resolution is 1600x1200 (new 1920x1080 monitor should get here Wednesday). I checked the file and that line is already in place (of course it says 1600x1200x32, rather than 1920x1080x32).

Thanks for the reply. What else can I do to make it run the way it should?

What options did you tick in MultiBeast?

These are what I remember doing - I'm pretty sure this is it.
Screen Shot 2013-07-23 at 8.09.54 AM.jpg

I've since used Chameleon Wizard, would that help?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back