Radeon 6850 1Gb
Mac
  1. MacBook
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
I Hacked a Dell OptiPlex 980 this weekend and so far all is great. I added an ATI 5570 1Gb video card for the DVI as the stock VGA is a no go and set the BIOS to AHCI and it was done.

Now that I have Lion installed and updated to 10.7.4 I have 2 issues that I'm working on, the App Store and Sound. I've been following various threads on the App Store, tried the Networking.plist delete and adding PCIRoot to the boot.plist to no avail. As for sound I've enabled the 2.61 VoodooHDA in multibeast but all I get is static, actually I ended up having to unplug the case speaker in the Dell as it was just pumping out static after boot! If anyone has suggestions for the AppStore and Sound that would be great!

I have to say this is super cool and way easier that I thought it would be, the fact that I have a "MacPro" is hilarious to me.
Screen%2520Shot%25202012-07-07%2520at%252010.44.45%2520AM.png

Here is my chameleon.plist

Code:
robs-mac-pro:Extra rdjcook$ cat org.chameleon.Boot.plist 
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
	<key>EthernetBuiltIn</key>
	<string>Yes</string>
	<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>
	<string>Yes</string>
	<key>Kernel</key>
	<string>mach_kernel</string>
	<key>Kernel Flags</key>
	<string>npci=0x3000 darkwake=0</string>
	<key>Legacy Logo</key>
	<string>Yes</string>
	<key>Timeout</key>
	<string>2</string>
	<key>UseKernelCache</key>
	<string>Yes</string>
	<key>PCIRoot</key>
        <string>1</string>
</dict>
</plist>

The "EthernetBuiltIn" is not in the com.apple.Boot.plist but I'm pretty sure that it doesn't need to be. I can pretty easily put a PCI NIC in the box, is there any specific card I should use?

System Information:

ethernet:

Type: Ethernet Controller
Bus: PCI
Vendor ID: 0x8086
Device ID: 0x10ef
Subsystem Vendor ID: 0x1028
Subsystem ID: 0x02da
Revision ID: 0x0005
BSD name: en0
Kext name: AppleIntelE1000e.kext
Location: /System/Library/Extensions/IONetworkingFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleIntelE1000e.kext
Version: 1.9.5

I think that's only due to me having picked that option in MultiBeast due to someone else's suggestion that also Hacked a Opti 980.

I got sound working, I forgot to actually pick the proper output... duh. My issues however is that their is a horrible static hiss all the time. Suggestions?

I could never get voodoo to work on my Optiplex 990. I paid the big bucks for a USB audio in/out jack ($8 on amazon). Plug and Play. Golden.

howmanyds said:
I could never get voodoo to work on my Optiplex 990. I paid the big bucks for a USB audio in/out jack ($8 on amazon). Plug and Play. Golden.

I'm with you. I got tired of chasing the sound issue and bought a USB adapter from eBay. 2 headphone jacks and 2 microphone jacks...$5.99. :thumbup:

I Hacked a Dell OptiPlex 980 this weekend and so far all is great. I added an ATI 5570 1Gb video card for the DVI as the stock VGA is a no go and set the BIOS to AHCI and it was done.

Now that I have Lion installed and updated to 10.7.4 I have 2 issues that I'm working on, the App Store and Sound. I've been following various threads on the App Store, tried the Networking.plist delete and adding PCIRoot to the boot.plist to no avail. As for sound I've enabled the 2.61 VoodooHDA in multibeast but all I get is static, actually I ended up having to unplug the case speaker in the Dell as it was just pumping out static after boot! If anyone has suggestions for the AppStore and Sound that would be great!

I have to say this is super cool and way easier that I thought it would be, the fact that I have a "MacPro" is hilarious to me.
Screen%2520Shot%25202012-07-07%2520at%252010.44.45%2520AM.png
How did you install lion?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back