Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-H170n-wifi
CPU
Intel Core i7-6700 3.4GHz
Graphics
Intel HD-530
Well, I've frizzed around for about a week on this, but I believe I finally have a decent build. Here's where I started
Sierra 10.12.5
  • Streacom F1C-WS
  • [URL='http://amazon.com/?tag=tonymacx86com-20[/URL]
I had the Broadcom working, then it quit. I could NOT get it working again. So I went to a USB wifi. It worked, but I could never get ROM and MLB to load correctly, so iMessage never worked. And, in the process of experimenting, I blew my system up several times. So I cheated and purchase an Edimax Smart AC750 Dual-Band Wi-Fi extender (EW-7438AC). Then I threw ANOTHER clean load on the system. I set this up as a wireless bridge, so as far the the MAC knows, I'm connected by cable to en0. Worked like a champ, right out of the box. I have the unit set up as a iMAC 17,1. I migrated my MacBook AIR over, and am gradually getting the apps running. I have a Sony Optiarc player on order.

Other than than, I have a 40mm thin case fan. It's quiet, but I need a little more air movement I think, so I'm installing a 60mm thin case fan later today. I have to do my SuperDuper recovery now, just in case. But so far, so good. BTW, I know the turbo mode is running at least to 3.7GHz. I've not been about to push it to 4GHz yet, but I have some video conversions to do that should do the trick. Thanks to MANY on this site for all your work.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have the same case. How did you manage to fit MiniBox 160W PicoPSU?
As far as I know for F1C nanoPSU is required, and MiniBox 160W PicoPSU will not fit with the hole on the back side of the case.

I did the same thing for network. In fact, went through the same process as you. I finally put a TP-Link AC1200 bridge/extender in, and EVERYTHING Apple works. :)

Sorry but I talked about Power Supply MiniBox 160W PicoPSU :)

Well, I've frizzed around for about a week on this, but I believe I finally have a decent build. Here's where I started
Sierra 10.12.5
  • Streacom F1C-WS
  • [URL='http://amazon.com/?tag=tonymacx86com-20[/URL]
I had the Broadcom working, then it quit. I could NOT get it working again. So I went to a USB wifi. It worked, but I could never get ROM and MLB to load correctly, so iMessage never worked. And, in the process of experimenting, I blew my system up several times. So I cheated and purchase an Edimax Smart AC750 Dual-Band Wi-Fi extender (EW-7438AC). Then I threw ANOTHER clean load on the system. I set this up as a wireless bridge, so as far the the MAC knows, I'm connected by cable to en0. Worked like a champ, right out of the box. I have the unit set up as a iMAC 17,1. I migrated my MacBook AIR over, and am gradually getting the apps running. I have a Sony Optiarc player on order.

Other than than, I have a 40mm thin case fan. It's quiet, but I need a little more air movement I think, so I'm installing a 60mm thin case fan later today. I have to do my SuperDuper recovery now, just in case. But so far, so good. BTW, I know the turbo mode is running at least to 3.7GHz. I've not been about to push it to 4GHz yet, but I have some video conversions to do that should do the trick. Thanks to MANY on this site for all your work.

Hello,
so you addd a WiFi extender to make WiFi/BT work? Interesting. So the extender is the bridge and you have it plugged in thru Ethernet cord? So iMessage, WiFi/BT working? I have a similar build except different case and I have the Z170N-Gaming 5 version of the board. I do have BCM94352Z card but I did something different. I bought a genuine Apple Air Card and then got an adapter for it. So WiFi/BT is native. I didn't have to do any patching or add Kext.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back