Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z77x-ud5h
CPU
Intel i7
Graphics
Nvidia 660ti
So I've followed the guides to the letter.

I'm trying to install Mountain Lion.

I have a Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD5H Motherboard
I have an Nvidia 660Ti Graphics card
I have an Intel i5 3570K

I build my unibeast USB drive as shown in:
http://www.tonymacx86.com/61-unibeast-install-os-x-mountain-lion-any-supported-intel-based-pc.html

I configured my bios as shown in this guide:
http://www.tonymacx86.com/99-quick-guide-configuring-uefi-gigabyte-s-7-series-lga-1155-boards.html

I boot to the drive, the TonyMac icon shows up. I hit the enter button, I see the apple logo, and then the screen goes white and hangs there indefinitely.

I haved tried the PCIRootUID=0 andGraphicsEnabler=No and Safe Mode commands but didn't see any change.

If I boot in verbose mode it tells me: EBIOS read error: Controller or device error Block 0x339b2 Sectors 0

I'm a complete newbie at this. Never done it before so I could use a little help. This seems to be a pretty common build so any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Install it when running the intel hd 4000 en put the graphics card in after that

You sir are a gentleman and a scholar.
That worked.

Thanks!

Ok. One more question for you.

I have installed Mountain Lion.
I run multibeast, but since I don't want to install a ton of kexts and risk a kernal panic, I thought I'd just do them one at a time. So I just want to be able to boot to my drive without the USB stick so the only thing I installed from multibeast was the Chimera bootloader. I left everything else unchecked as I can add the audio/USB drivers later.

However even with that minimal multibeast install it still boots up to a kernal panic.

Any ideas?

You need to install "UserDSDT or DSDT-Free" from Multibeast.

If you get a kernel panic, boot -v and take a picture of the monitor and post it here.

I did install the "UserDSDT or DSDT-Free" from Multibeast and the Chimera bootloader.

I'll boot into verbose mode and post it here shortly.
Thanks!

Ok. So this is as far as it gets and it just hangs here.
I've watched some of the videos on troubleshooting kernal panics and have sort of taken my troubleshooting skills as far as they can go. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

BootScreen1.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back