i7 5820k
Graphics
EVGA 970
Mac
  1. MacBook
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hey all,

Looking to start my first Hackintosh soon. I got a great deal on an i5 3570k and figured now is as good a time as any. I plan on buying a Yamakasi Catleap 2560x1440 display as my purpose of the build is photo editing. Any recommendations on a board that can run this display with the onboard HD4000 and have great compatibility with MB?

Hey all,

Looking to start my first Hackintosh soon. I got a great deal on an i5 3570k and figured now is as good a time as any. I plan on buying a Yamakasi Catleap 2560x1440 display as my purpose of the build is photo editing. Any recommendations on a board that can run this display with the onboard HD4000 and have great compatibility with MB?

pixpaige

As you have specified that you want to use a i5 3570K CPU
then you should look at the earlier Buyers Guides for suggested Motherboards.

These are listed on our main page - under the discretion Buyers Guide w a Month in it, we post the most current and have one of two of the prior versions available.

Here is one listed for July - http://www.tonymacx86.com/371-building-customac-buyer-s-guide-july-2013.html#budget_atx

You will notice that this one is more centered on the Ivy Bridge systems. I do not suggest you use a Z87 motherboard w and Ivy Bridge CPU.

I would then do searches in the website on each of the motherboards model numbers listed to get a feeling of how it went for the users that built their Hacks. Each member has unique abilities and this is one of the hardest variables to put a value on.

What is hard for some is easy for others. Good Luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back