CPU
i7-8700K
Graphics
Vega 64
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
replaced my GTX 970 with a GTX 1070 TI in hopes of some more stability (Windowserver crashes) and fortunately it worked immediately with no changes but I noticed two things:

1. The card is detected as a "NVIDIA Graphics Device"
2. Framebuffer depth is now defaulting to 24bit when selecting "Default for display" as opposed to 30bit which it was previously with my GTX 970. My monitor is 10bit capable (http://www.benq.us/product/monitor/bl2711u/specifications/)

Any ideas how I can fix these?

Attachments

• config.plist
    7.7 KB · Views: 251
Hi, Could you fix it? I have too an GTX 1070 TI detected as "NVIDIA Graphics Device", at the moment it seems to work well, However, I cannot read the temperature sensors with HWmonitor, formerly with the Gtx970 thing I could do.

about-1.jpg

Good, I would like to relive this post since I also have the same problem. I think my GTX 1070 Ti graphics card works perfect, but the correct name does not appear because it is detected as "NVIDIA Graphics Device". Hopefully someone will enlighten us to solve this problem. Thank you so much

Has anyone figured out a solution for this issue? I have been googling all day and nothing has worked for me. Last resort is to install High Sierra. I currently have this issue with Sierra.. Someone please help.

Edit: I do speak of the 1070 Ti btw.

Has anyone figured out a solution for this issue? I have been googling all day and nothing has worked for me. Last resort is to install High Sierra. I currently have this issue with Sierra.. Someone please help.

Edit: I do speak of the 1070 Ti btw.
Just override the name in Clover by setting the device property “model”

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back