CPU
i7 4770
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Friends, I changed my video card for an Asus RX580 (the old one was a GTX650), I went to do a clean installation of Ventura and after about 12 minutes of installation the machine restarted and got a black screen. What could be wrong, could someone help me….

Friends, I changed my video card for an Asus RX580 (the old one was a GTX650), I went to do a clean installation of Ventura and after about 12 minutes of installation the machine restarted and got a black screen. What could be wrong, could someone help me….
As per rules, please update your hardware profile to allow others to help you easier

then upload your zipped EFI

I made the changes to my profile and am attaching my EFI. After I did a clean installation on my Haswell, now when there are 12 minutes left to finish the installation, it restarts and stays on a black screen.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    4 MB · Views: 21
I made the changes to my profile and am attaching my EFI. After I did a clean installation on my Haswell, now when there are 12 minutes left to finish the installation, it restarts and stays on a black screen.
this section is incorrect:

Code:
<key>DeviceProperties</key>
    <dict>
        <key>Add</key>
        <dict>
            <key>PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x1b,0x0)</key>
            <dict>
                <key>layout-id</key>
                <string>&lt;05000000&gt;</string>
            </dict>
            <key>PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x2,0x0)</key>
            <dict>
                <key>AAPL,ig-platform-id</key>
                <string>&lt;0300220D&gt;</string>
                <key>device-id</key>
                <string>&lt;12040000&gt;</string>
            </dict>
        </dict>
the "strings" should be "data" and should not have &lt; and &gt;

Hello friend, I made the modification you mentioned, now after 12 minutes of installation, it restarts, goes to the apple screen with a bar below and when this bar reaches a little more than half the screen goes black.

I attached the config.plist already with the modification you sent.

Attachments

• config.plist.zip
    4.4 KB · Views: 18
I did the installation with the EFÍ that you sent and it gave this error in the photo at the beginning but it managed to start the installation until the usual 12 minutes and then the famous black screen appeared. Didn't even reach the apple screen with the bar underneath.

Attachments

• IMG_2804.jpeg
    IMG_2804.jpeg
    3.1 MB · Views: 20
Back