CPU
i7-2600K
Graphics
GTX 760
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
Hi guys,

I've just switched my old XFX HD6870 for a Gigabyte GTX760. It's working out of the box and it's recognized by Mavericks but there is something I truely don't understand : I can't access to my bios anymore?

When i turn on the computer, i've got my bios splashscreen (dual uefi bios) which seems to be frozen (long time) and which doesnt answer to the keyboard (like del to access). After some minutes, I've got a blackscreen then my chimera screen appears. I can log into Osx and use the computer. I've noticed that the GPU fans are going very fast at the boot and becomes quiet when the osx session is launched.

If I remove the new GPU and put the old HD6870 everything is working fine (I can access to the bios and the boot is fast). I've check my bios settings but I don't see anything wrong in them. When I put back my new CGU same problem than explained before.

Any help will be greatly accepted!!!

Fixed after updating the bios, so far everything seems to work great!

Hiya j00. I am keeping an eye on your project as your older Hac is nearly the same spec as mine, and I'm about to upgrade (for video editing mainly).

I am not permitted to have conversations with other users - not enough posts - but hi! Any tips greatly received. I am not sure where to put more money... ram or new video card.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back