Graphics
Intel Core i5 3750k
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Back in 2013 or so I had successfully built a Hackintosh using the GA-Z77X-UD5H motherboard and i5 3570k Ivy Bridge CPU.

I was considering making another Hackintosh on High Sierra with those 2 parts and the 32gb of DDR3 RAM. I recently failed when using an NVIDIA GTX 1050 due to being unable to get the drivers to work.

Would it be worth investing in the Sapphire RX 580 Pulse 8GB instead? Would that make the the graphics work out of the box or at least more easily since the current iMacs are using Radeons rather than NVIDIA cards now?

Back in 2013 or so I had successfully built a Hackintosh using the GA-Z77X-UD5H motherboard and i5 3570k Ivy Bridge CPU.

I was considering making another Hackintosh on High Sierra with those 2 parts and the 32gb of DDR3 RAM. I recently failed when using an NVIDIA GTX 1050 due to being unable to get the drivers to work.

Would it be worth investing in the Sapphire RX 580 Pulse 8GB instead? Would that make the the graphics work out of the box or at least more easily since the current iMacs are using Radeons rather than NVIDIA cards now?

Yes, AMD RX 560 / 570 / 580 are now natively supported in High Sierra 10.13.4 and later. I use a RX 560 in my second system and it works natively in High Sierra.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back