12. PowerBook
  13. Quadra
  14. SE
  15. SE/30
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
  3. Other
I made a bootable USB stick using the UniBeast method.

EVERYTHING, except sound was working, and well at that, with just the Unibeast boot USB!

I ran the 10.7.4 update, again all was well minus the sound, I then geek benched it at 13254. I then ran multi beast 4.6.1 with the DSDT for the Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3 Ver 1.3 f10, and rebooted.
I then lost my ethernet, and sound.

I reinstalled Lion and tried to just install the boot loader, I lost the sound, network, and video.

Is there a way to just add network and boot loader? How do I remove what multi beast installed?

Any tutorials on this?

Gigabyte Z68XP-UD3 (BIOS flashed to f10, IDE changed to AHCI, Boot device priority set according to TonyMacx86 guidelines)
Intel i7 2700K
EVGA GeForce GTX 550ti
8 GB Patriot memory DDR3 13333
OCZ 60GB SSD

You said that kinda confusingly. All you need to do us select the Keats in Multibeast for the things you need like audio, network, ect.

MultiBeast settings for this board are in many threads on this site. But here are mine, working flawlessly with 10.7.4.

Attachments

• MultiBeast_settings.png
    MultiBeast_settings.png
    265.3 KB · Views: 208
thelostswede said:
There's a new version of Multibeast from that one, try it instead, it's got specific editors for the various audio chips.

That's the latest MultiBeast (4.6.1), I just haven't tried using Non-DSDT HDAEnabler yet. I use the S/PDIF output since I prefer an external DAC, and it's working flawlessly so I haven't messed with it. I'm on F10 BIOS at the moment.

I tried DWMC's method and it worked. I didn't realize that you also had to check boxes with a DSDT.aml file. Thanks.

Every time you run multi beast, does it erase all the old kexts you have previously installed or does it just add new ones?

Also, is there a way to know what kexts are installed? How do you keep a vanilla Kext file?Can you delete a kext, and how do you know which one? Is there any place I can read or learn about this? This forum and youtube have been my learning media so far. I bought a book on how to make a hackintosh, pretty worthless.

All the kexts get put in system/library/extensions. To delete it just go to that folder, search for it with the search bar and right click and press "move to trash"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back