Contribute
Register

New Gigabyte Mini-ITX Motherboard (GA-Z77N-WIFI) Up on Newegg.

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's Here!!!:clap:

Trying to upload pics, but I still can't do much but look at it because I can't use the memory I ordered with the board and the replacement memory isn't scheduled to come until tomorrow.

Small-everything.jpgboard-small.jpgi7-small.jpg

Just got mine today too, put it together with i7-3770k ssd hd and 1600 MHz ddr3 , blue ray .
installed osx in about 10 mins, quick build. Used the Roswell mini itx case, a bit tight but everything fits.

Just got mine today too, put it together with i7-3770k ssd hd and 1600 MHz ddr3 , blue ray .
installed osx in about 10 mins, quick build. Used the Roswell mini itx case, a bit tight but everything fits.

without any troubles? everything works ootb?
please add some details. i´m currently thinking about an similar configuration (i5 instead i7) to run a mini server as alternative to an original mini. but therefore really everthing, especially powermanagement and wol, has to work.

thanks in advance for your input.

without any troubles? everything works ootb?
please add some details. i´m currently thinking about an similar configuration (i5 instead i7) to run a mini server as alternative to an original mini. but therefore really everthing, especially powermanagement and wol, has to work.

thanks in advance for your input.
Mine work pretty much OOB, as far as I've taken it. Sleep works, haven't tried WOL. Just check DSDT-free, ALC892 and Lnx2Max's driver in Multibeast.

*edit* Just to clarify: WiFi doesn't work, but is not expected to.

that was clear that it will not work with the onboard wifi. but there exist working ones if i remember correctly.
so great to know, thank. maybe you could write a short summary in the user builds forum. i guess a lot of people were waiting for that board :)

Mine work pretty much OOB, as far as I've taken it. Sleep works, haven't tried WOL. Just check DSDT-free, ALC892 and Lnx2Max's driver in Multibeast.

I'am choosing between ASRock H77M-ITX and GA-z77n-wifi, is it more compatitable? as i know there are some issues in asrock:

Auto Sleep
Wake takes 80 seconds to wake w/o DSDT
USB 2 storage devices in USB 3 ports

Is it have these problems? or other?

that was clear that it will not work with the onboard wifi. but there exist working ones if i remember correctly.
so great to know, thank. maybe you could write a short summary in the user builds forum. i guess a lot of people were waiting for that board :)
I will. But my days need to fit (some) work and sleep too. ;)

Auto Sleep
I did a quick test on auto sleep this morning, it didn't seem to work. Might work with tweaking, but I had no time for that.

Wake takes 80 seconds to wake w/o DSDT
Not a problem.

USB 2 storage devices in USB 3 ports
Works.
*edit* Now it doesn't work. I was pretty tired when I tried it the first time, but I could have sworn that it worked. Now, nothing happens. The controller is detected though.

Just ordered one in the uk for next day delivery (friday should be fun). Ordered the H version not the Z so will report on compatability soon.

I've had exactly the same experience as BitterMelon.

Sleep is working perfectly and only takes seconds to wake.
Wifi was replaced with Atheros AR9280 and works OOTB.
Realtek Ethernet disabled and added Presto PCIe Ethernet and works OOTB.
HD4000 Graphics.

I use my hack as a server so network and maintenance is key.

Couldn't be happier :)

I've had exactly the same experience as BitterMelon.

Sleep is working perfectly and only takes seconds to wake.
Wifi was replaced with Atheros AR9280 and works OOTB.
Realtek Ethernet disabled and added Presto PCIe Ethernet and works OOTB.
HD4000 Graphics.

I use my hack as a server so network and maintenance is key.

Couldn't be happier :)

what with ethernet? both not working? wifi is not a trouble

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back