Motherboard
Gigabyte Z77X-UD5H
CPU
i7-3770K @4.2-4.4GHz
Graphics
GTX 660 Ti
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Several Gigabyte boards have received BIOS upgrades, although they seem to be beta BIOS:es. On the P55-UD4P I noticed some improvements to the general usage of the BIOS, as some menus were extremely sluggish in use. The only change log item provided is "Enhanced memory compatibility"

Just loaded the F7c beta bios for the UD2- everything's still working- sleep, USB, etc... with the same DSDT. :D

:idea: Wonder if we should update the DSDT Database with fresh extractions? The ones there are mainly from Dec/Jan, so they are recent, but I can see that the changes are going to have to be made sooner or later.

any benefits from updating? i couldn't find information on the gigabyte site on how this will affect me. it says something about memory compatibility.

tonymacx86 said:
1. You can now use the 10.6.2 AppleHDA.kext and a modified HDEF section to enable 888b audio on the UD2. See my new post here:
http://tonymacx86.blogspot.com/2010/01/ ... m-ud2.html

Which audio ports will work? I've been planning on using your guides (thank you very much for all the work, by the way!) to build my new rig and I'm a musician. If line-in works I won't need to use my cheap USB audio card for recording. :)

adamsmasher said:
tonymacx86 said:
1. You can now use the 10.6.2 AppleHDA.kext and a modified HDEF section to enable 888b audio on the UD2. See my new post here:
http://tonymacx86.blogspot.com/2010/01/ ... m-ud2.html

Which audio ports will work? I've been planning on using your guides (thank you very much for all the work, by the way!) to build my new rig and I'm a musician. If line-in works I won't need to use my cheap USB audio card for recording. :)

I'm a musician as well- although I have only used USB device ins/outs for recording thus far on the UD2. I've had confirmation on the Optical and all outputs/inputs functioning correctly- there is, however a workaround for output to 5.1 (haven't tried it though).

Anyone else tested the UD2 ins/outs? :?:

tonymacx86 said:
I'm a musician as well- although I have only used USB device ins/outs for recording thus far on the UD2. I've had confirmation on the Optical and all outputs/inputs functioning correctly- there is, however a workaround for output to 5.1 (haven't tried it though).

Cool! How does the UD2 and the rest of your setup fair for audio work? I use Logic and Garageband both, and I anticipate some performance increase for those compared to the Bad Axe 2/Core 2 duo I'm using at the moment.

All that really need to function is line-in and speaker out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back