CPU
Graphics
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I just setup a new hackintosh system GA-B75M-D3P with Core i3-3225 using the guides on TonyMac. This is probably my fourth or fifth hackintosh and I got it up an running 10.8.3 without any problems.

The computer is simply a large file/media server with 8 hard drives attached to the motherboard. No display or USB peripherals are attached at all.

I am having issues with the stability of the system though. It randomly restart itself and I am not sure why. Looking at the logs I don't see anything in particular that is causing the reboots. I've ran the mac version of memtest and the memory modules seem ok. It seems to do fine with the Prime95 torture test as well.

The other problem I have is that the system falls alseep randomly by itself. I've set it to never sleep on the energy preference pane but it still does enter sleep mode. Any one else have this problem?

My bios version is F4. Didn't seem like any important changes were made in the newer versions so I didn't want to go through the trouble of updating it. This board also doesn't have the easy bios update option available in some of the other gigabyte boards. You have to boot it up with a DOS disk to run the bios update utility.

I'm really not sure what's causing the problem. All components are brand new. I'm running another Prime95 stress test now to see how long it can go before rebooting. Initially I was using the XMP profile for RAM but now I've set everything to standard to see if that helps.

Let me know how your build goes.

The sleeping issue is separate I think and I have no idea what would cause it to sleep automatically when I've disabled sleep. The only other thing I had installed on my system was ZEVO ZFS drivers. I've uninstalled them as well to see if they were causing any issues, but I've installed the same drivers onto my real Mac Pro without issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back