Contribute
Register

New Fan Control DSDT - for silent fan at higher temps!

Status
Not open for further replies.
this is the dsdt im using at the moment...
can anybody add the patch for me?

If all you want to do is keep using your DSDT but have a quieter fan, it just isn't that hard. Since the patch is written to remove the old fan solution and replace it with the new one:

- load your DSDT in DSDT Editor
- choose Patch Open...
- choose 02_FanExperimental.txt
- click Apply
- let it do the patch... (it will take a while)
- hit close
- choose IASL -> Compile
(your DSDT will generate 1 warning... just ignore that)
- choose IASL -> Save AML As...
- choose a place to save it
(you can save it directly to /Extra/dsdt.aml if you want, or you can save it somewhere else and copy it to /Extra/dsdt.aml later)

Of course, you will also need to follow the rest of the instructions to install ACPIPoller.kext and FanReset.dylib...

And... also you are better off patching your DSDT from the one native to your machine, but the route above should work too.

If all you want to do is keep using your DSDT but have a quieter fan, it just isn't that hard. Since the patch is written to remove the old fan solution and replace it with the new one:

- load your DSDT in DSDT Editor
- choose Patch Open...
- choose 02_FanExperimental.txt
- click Apply
- let it do the patch... (it will take a while)
- hit close
- choose IASL -> Compile
(your DSDT will generate 1 warning... just ignore that)
- choose IASL -> Save AML As...
- choose a place to save it
(you can save it directly to /Extra/dsdt.aml if you want, or you can save it somewhere else and copy it to /Extra/dsdt.aml later)

Of course, you will also need to follow the rest of the instructions to install ACPIPoller.kext and FanReset.dylib...

And... also you are better off patching your DSDT from the one native to your machine, but the route above should work too.

thanks so much :D

Hi,
i've a problem to patch my DSDT with FanExperimental.
I've patched my DSDT whit the right TXT in your file but the FAN does not work well as lion!
So I used the Probook installer one's and applied only the FanExperimental one's, and that's the result:

What should I do now?
My Bios is F20!

Thanks so much!

Attachments

• Schermata 2012-11-02 alle 11.36.13.jpg
    Schermata 2012-11-02 alle 11.36.13.jpg
    198.6 KB · Views: 245
Hi,
I've patched my DSDT whit the right TXT in your file but the FAN does not work well as lion!
So I used the Probook installer one's and applied only the FanExperimental one's, and that's the result:

What should I do now?
My Bios is F20!

Thanks so much!

1. Download all files from the repository incl. Makefile
2. Open Terminal, go to the folder with the patches and execute one of the following commands:

make all - all patches and the old fan solution
make allexp - for all patches and the new fan solution

The result from the first command will be two new files inside the current folder:

all.txt - all patches in one file for use with stock display
all1080.txt - all patches in one file for use with 1080p display mod

The results from the second command will be two files again, but named accordingly all_exp.txt and all1080p_exp.txt
Which one you will use depends of your laptop screen.

3. Fire up the DSDT Editor, load your stock DSDT.aml, go to Patch/Open, select all_exp.txt (or all1080p_exp.txt) and press Apply.
There's a faster way to apply the patches and it's with Auto Patcher.

4. After all the above is done, compile your DSDT and save it.

That's pretty much all.

The DSDTs, included in the Installer, are already patched, so try to extract your vanilla DSDT (from Windows, if you have it, or from Live Linux CD/DVDV) and then try to patch it.

Already done this but nothings appens...
The Rehabman HWMonitor does not shows all the parameters, so I think that the patches are not applied well...

Also the Fanreset.dylib is loaded and the ACPIPoller.kext is installed and running at the moment!

The DSDT file that I've extracted and patched is in the attackment!

Thanks for your reply!

Attachments

• dsdt.aml.zip
    48 KB · Views: 100
The Rehabman HWMonitor does not shows all the parameters, so I think that the patches are not applied well...

Also the Fanreset.dylib is loaded and the ACPIPoller.kext is installed and running at the moment!

Thanks for your reply!

Patched? Ok, can you post your vanilla DSDT?

Here it is.
Is there something wrong right?

Attachments

• dsdt.dsl.zip
    83.8 KB · Views: 95
Hi,

What should I do now?
My Bios is F20!

Thanks so much!

You should scroll up and look at the first error at line 26006.

Here it is.
Is there something wrong right?

I didn't have any trouble patching it using Auto Patcher.

By the way, with the current checkin of patches (just updated a couple of days ago), the "extra information" that would normally show in HWMonitor is removed. It was debugging information in the first place, and now that I'm confident the code is working, I've commented it out. You can see the things commented out in 04_FanExperimental.txt.

Thanks for your reply!

Something is really messed up with that patched DSDT in this attachment. I get errors from the disassembler...

I would double check that you have installed a recent copy of iasl, and perhaps use Auto Patcher instead. At the link for Auto Patcher, there is a nice .app bundle that I've made that makes it really easy to launch (and it contains a relatively current copy of iasl).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back