Contribute
Register

New ethernet card. Now iMessage won't work!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
So my ethernet port in my motherboard stopped working after a thunderstorm. I bought an internet card and put it in my computer, without replacing my motherboard (everything else works fine on the motherboard except the ethernet port).
So with the new ethernet card, I got internet working again on my hackintosh - however, now iMessage won't work and here's a list of what I tried. (iCloud and App Store are working fine)

- Tried relogging, restarting app/computer
- Resetting Apple ID password
- Set internet device order so ethernet port is 1 instead of 2
- Verifying my iMessage account (from a real Mac)
- Deleting iMessage related plist files
- Reinstall internet drivers from Multibeast and tried other internet drivers
- Replacing/Updating NVRAM file (This is what made iMessage work for me the first time using my previous port)

I think it has to do something with "BSD name:en0", that its trying to read from my old broken port?

link: My motherboard (The one with a broken ethernet port)

Is the built-in disabled in the BIOS? If not, make it so.

Delete the com.apple.security*.plists in ~/Library/Preferences and /Library/Preferences. Something could be held up there.

What is console saying as far as errors? Also, what error is iMessage giving you?

That's the same error I got.

Disabling the in the BIOS is something you'll have to look up on how to do. It's different for all boards.

Open the app called Console. Open iMessage and try to log in. Tell us what kind of errors you get.

http://www.tonymacx86.com/general-help/110471-how-fix-imessage.html

Post your problems in here from now on, as more people watch that thread than this one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back