Graphics
Gigabyte GTX 750 1GB
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hi i just got 2 new hardware to add to my hackintosh... Before this my hackintosh was fully bootable with no bugs! 100% functional

So i have added :
Logitech Performance mX
Antec CPU cooler hydro 950

So some of the time when i boot i get kernel panics and sometimes the computer just hangs randomly..
I do not have the logitech control center on the hackintosh as it would give kernel panics and hangs..but can it still be a problem? Is it my CPU cooler? I don't have any added on software..
I would use -v to figure this out, but as i said only sometimes it would give me a kernel panic.
Is there a way to fix this issue>?

Of course it's the cooler. You probably didn't install it properly. Have you checked your idle and load CPU temps?

I am using HWMonitor, load temps are probably around 40 idle are 30.... When i do some video rendering though i get 70 instead of no cooler which was around 90

I am using HWMonitor, load temps are probably around 40 idle are 30.... When i do some video rendering though i get 70 instead of no cooler which was around 90

It is easy to unplug the Logitech device and see if the problem goes away. The cooler really shouldn't cause a KP unless the CPU is over heating. The temps you mention are pretty good, so doesn't seem like the cooler.

You could make sure you didn't put a usb 2 device in a usb 3 port. The blue ones are 3.0, incase you didn't know.

It is easy to unplug the Logitech device and see if the problem goes away. The cooler really shouldn't cause a KP unless the CPU is over heating. The temps you mention are pretty good, so doesn't seem like the cooler.

You could make sure you didn't put a usb 2 device in a usb 3 port. The blue ones are 3.0, incase you didn't know.

I don't get kernel panics anymore, but I still get hangs once in a while under normal use. I don't know what my problem is. My logitech receiver is plugged in a usb 2.0 port.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back