Contribute
Register

New case idea - Old Stereo Equipment?

Status
Not open for further replies.
ptmays said:
tlace19

Can you send some pics of the case you have.

Thanks
PT

If I had access to a machine shop I would definitely be doing this myself.

pioneeravrcvr_2.JPG

OK here is the exact case I have on my hands at the moment. It has a front flap to conceal peripherals. The picture is almost spot on with the quality of the one I have. If I am not mistaken mine does have a few extra vent spots on the top, but i could be confusing that with the new Denon receiver i have now.

EDIT: The Motherboard port plate might actually easily mount under that flap, that would be fantastic if it works.

tlace19

What Denon do you have? I bought the Denon 591 in the spring and love how it sounds in my living room.

Thanks
PT

ptmays said:
tlace19

What Denon do you have? I bought the Denon 591 in the spring and love how it sounds in my living room.

Thanks
PT

Same. Paired with the Klipsch System I have is amazing. Best Theater system on the market for around 1500 bucks imo.

Wow, quite a nice case, but for 200+ count me out. I have so much junk in my cellar, maybe I will go through it this weekend and post up a few pieces that would be sure to catch a few of you guys eyes as a gem.

Imagine turning an old center channel speaker into a HTPC, it would be perfectly disguised. And the ventilation would be spot on with the simple mesh lining in the front. I love how i can dream! :lol:

ptmays said:
I got the package that came with Boston Acoustics 5.1 Speaker for $400 because I was seeing someone that worked at a big box store at the time. I love employee discounts

http://www.amazon.com/Denon-DHT-591BA-Theater-Receiver-Acoustics/dp/B003H04Q7S

Used to be a fan of boston acoustics, have 2 massive speakers of theirs my dad gave me from the 80's in my bedroom. But this is until I heard the Klipsch system I have today, which cost just $500 when I go them. They are amazing.

I like the idea, stealth pc. If you could find one blown so it did not cost an arm and a leg and wood is easer to work than metal

How about Betamax player PC, now we are talking retro and stealth

betamax_slo-1700.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back