GTX 560 Ti
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Water Cooling? Best Case?

Hello once again, thiis time I'm back with case decisions. If you take a look at my build thread, I have a Zalman Z11 Plus, and TBH, it sucks. I can't remove the top fan AT ALL because I end up just breaking the screw, the cable routing options are terrible (They're just holes, no rubber gromets) etc. Lemme stop before I start ranting, anyway, I was looking at new cases and after a day of research (Hence posting 12:00am) I came down to a couple choices

HAF X
NZXT Switch 810
650D
600T

If you have any opinions that don't involved these cases, I would like:

Lots of cable routing options
Good Airflow

Hope that's not too much to ask
Thanks guys, you've been a great help to my questions and I've been trying to give back by helping others with their questions
Thanks again

The 600T and the 650D are awesome cases I have the 600T, its SO roomy! To be honest that was my first ever case. Grommets are all in the right places!

I am planning on building a second system with the NZXT Switch 810. I really like the airflow options, although I've heard the case feels a little plasticy. The good thing about this case is that everything is screwed together, which also means that it can be taken apart for maximum customisation.

I would go for the Cosmos II but wow I'd have to dig deep in to the pockets.

HAF X is really good a few mates have the case but aesthetically I'm not a fan.

Go for the Corsair or the NZXT! They could serve different purposes but they do it very well!

Thanks guys for your help.

I looked at some the HAF X pictures again and this time I realized that it has terrible cable routing, so now that's off the list. I was originally going with the 600T, but the window was a little too small (Is it small?) and I could get a full tower case (NZXT Switch 810) for cheaper, which meant more room to upgrade, especially if I think about putting in a watercooling loop. The 650D was about to be my final decision when I read so bad reviews, and also one guy said he had the 650D and the 600T and Switch 810 were better.

Thanks again and keep your opinions coming! I want all the feedback I can get since I'll be using this case for a few years

My suggestions are these:

Fractal Design R4 Arctic White With Side Window:
CDN-FDN-FDCADEFR4WHW.jpg

Although this case isn't the coolest in terms of heat, it is quiet. LOTS of airflow through your case can become annoying after a while. =/
Newegg.com - Fractal Design Define R4 with Window Arctic White Silent ATX Mid Tower Case

Silverstone RV03:
SilverStone-Raven-RV03-Full-Tower-PC-Case-1.jpg

[video=youtube;Ga641LE4G10]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ga641LE4G10[/video]
Newegg.com - SilverStone RAVEN Series RV03B-W Matte Black Steel / Plastic ATX Full Tower Computer Case

Silverstone FT02:
ft02_pr1.jpg

[video=youtube;asV5Y7lqF4M]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=asV5Y7lqF4M[/video]
Newegg.com - SilverStone Fortress Series FT02B Black Aluminum / Steel Computer Case

I second the suggestion for the Fractal Designs R4 (although I would pick black with no window). If you need no more than three 3.5 inch HDD and you buy a third 140 mm fan, then you can take out the top disk cage and have increased ventilation and quiet. This case supports seven 140 mm fans total, with possibly less quiet.

I like the look and the construction of both the Silverstone FT02 and the Fractal Design cases. Thanks for the link to the time-lapse video!

I don't have any personal experience with it, but I recently saw the Fractal Designs Arc and that it looked pretty great. The cable routing appears to be similar to my Zalman GS1000 (which I'm quite satisfied with).

Newegg.com - Fractal Design Arc Midi Black High Performance PC Computer Case w/ USB 3.0 and 3 x Fractal High Performance 140mm fans

It gets very good reviews, and it's a lot easier to look at than most cases out there... And NewEgg has a coupon code that brings it down to $70 right now, but that coupons code expires TODAY!

Hello once again, thiis time I'm back with case decisions. If you take a look at my build thread, I have a Zalman Z11 Plus, and TBH, it sucks. I can't remove the top fan AT ALL because I end up just breaking the screw, the cable routing options are terrible (They're just holes, no rubber gromets) etc. Lemme stop before I start ranting, anyway, I was looking at new cases and after a day of research (Hence posting 12:00am) I came down to a couple choices

NZXT Switch 810
650D
600T
800D

If you have any opinions that don't involved these cases, I would like:

Lots of cable routing options
Good Airflow
Door Latches (Although I haven't seen any on full towers, but that's fine)

Hope that's not too much to ask
Thanks guys, you've been a great help to my questions and I've been trying to give back by helping others with their questions
Thanks again

Edit: I took out the HAF X and put in the 800D

I do know that Fractal is known for making great cases, but personally I don't like the design. I was gearing towards a full tower for watercooling in the future, but I like the 650D, so I'm stuck between those two choices. I really like the cable management and the door latches, but It won't supply as much space as I would like for watercooling in the future.

BTW, how good are the Fractal cases?

They're pretty good, but more geared towards silence, which I would take performance anyday (as long as it doesn't sound like a jet)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back