Intel HD Graphics 3000
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. PowerBook
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hey guys,

I've been using a Dell Mini 10v running OS X Snow Leopard, even with a couple of troubles it has been a really great experience, so I decided to move on and go a bit deeper inside hackintoshing. I had to leave USA and move to Mexico City a couple of years ago because of my father's job, ergo is pretty hard to find parts, we don't have online stores like Newegg.com so we can't find some specific or old parts over here. I don't want to make a really powerful system but good enough to play WoW and do some 3D stuff as well as running Adobe's suite. And I'd also like to be able to use WiFi and Bluetooth so I can use Apple's external trackpad or Magic Mouse. I also would like a really supported and not expensive system, I don't want a lot of troubles at updating and messing with kexts though I understand I'll have to do it and I'm exited about but, well again, I'm not used to hackintosh. Otherwise the hardware is not really important for now since I'm planing to upgrade most of it but the motherboard.

So here is a starting system:

SAMSUNG CD/DVD Burner Black SATA Model SH-S223C

G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory

Antec Sonata III 500 Black Computer Case

Western Digital Caviar Blue 250GB 3.5" SATA 3.0Gb/s Internal Hard Drive -Bare Drive

ZOTAC GeForce 9500 GT ZT-95TEK2M-FSL Video Card

ASUS P7P55D-E Pro ATX Intel Motherboard or Intel DP55KG

Intel Core i3-540 3.06GHz LGA 1156 73W Dual-Core Desktop Processor

As for the video card is just an idea because is not expensive and is a refresh from Nvidia GeFroce 8600GT, which was pretty good and well supported in OS X. Besides I'm planning to upgrade it later for a high en card as well as the processor. I don't know pretty much about graphic cards and OSX86 wiki is not really updated or clear enough to my basic knowledge and I either have a clue for the wireless card nor bluetooth solution, I'd appreciate a some help from you. Of course any modification to better support will be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

P.D.: I've already posted this in Insanelymac's forum but get no help, please I really need advice I need it pretty much, thanks in advance!

It looks good to me. You should get a Sony Optiarc if you can, but if you are limited on parts and can't get one that's fine. Just be aware that you may have issues with sleep.

I have no experience with the Asus, but if it's a P55 chipset, you should be okay.

There are a few wireless and bluetooth solutions, most of which are USB dongles. I'm using this bluetooth dongle:
http://www.amazon.com/Cirago-Bluetooth- ... B000W4TZSC

Here is a wifi solution:
http://x86wifi.blogspot.com/2010/04/how ... l#comments

Well then thank you the wireless solution seems beautiful I'l try it! If I find the parts, do you think I can get the Apple Wireless at Apple? And for the motherboard has anyone tried any of those? Please is the only thing I need to know so far many thanks and I'm sure I can find an Optiarc DVD Drive!

Regards,

Do you have any access to the Gigabyte P55 boards?

Absolutely but I don't know which one to chose, I need one that will offer a lot of improvement since I'm gonna study computer science by soon, also I saw that the Intel board have integrated bluetooth and infrared, I want to make the most Mac like experience, but if Gigabyte offers better support I'll go Gigabyte then!

Tiuno said:
Absolutely but I don't know which one to chose, I need one that will offer a lot of improvement since I'm gonna study computer science by soon, also I saw that the Intel board have integrated bluetooth and infrared, I want to make the most Mac like experience, but if Gigabyte offers better support I'll go Gigabyte then!

You can see all of the confirmed desktops here, and notice all of the Gigabyte support.

wiki/index.php?title=IBoot_%2B_MultiBeast_Confirmed_Desktops

So,

GA-P55A-UD3 it is, seems to be pretty compatible. As for the Bluetooth a USB dongle will make it and for the wireless I'll the solution you posted thanks for the quick reply, just gotta save my money and start a new adventure thanks for all the support!

Great team!

Tiuno said:
So,

GA-P55A-UD3 it is, seems to be pretty compatible. As for the Bluetooth a USB dongle will make it and for the wireless I'll the solution you posted thanks for the quick reply, just gotta save my money and start a new adventure thanks for all the support!

Great team!

Can you buy the UD2?

You mean GA-P55M-UD2? Well I guess I can but why is it any better? O better supported by Mac OS X?

Tiuno said:
You mean GA-P55M-UD2? Well I guess I can but why is it any better? O better supported by Mac OS X?

It's more about what's better supported by the community. Chances are, if a lot of people have your hardware, you'll have a much better chance at success, and help if you ever run into any problems.

I've read that many people prefer the UD2 over the UD3. It seems to be either the UD2 or the UD4 that people go for, not the UD3 as much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back