Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-Z270M-D3
CPU
Core i7-7700K
Graphics
EVGA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB SSC
Hello.

I'm going for my first Hackintosh build and after studying the buyer's guide I've kind of decided upon this micro-atx configuration and I'd appreciate any kind of feedback since I'm new to this game and I'm bound to make some mistakes.

Case:
BitFenix Phenom M (Black)

Motherboard:
Gigabyte GA-H270M-D3H

CPU:
Core i7-7700K

CPU cooler:
Zalman CNPS8000B

I'm hesitating between these two graphic cards:
EVGA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB SSC
Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1060 Xtreme Gaming 6GB

RAM:
Crucial Ballistix Sport LT (64GB)

Drive:
Samsung 850 EVO 500GB

PSU:
Corsair CS 550 Watt

Accessories:
Fenvi FV-T919 802.11AC A/B/G/N/AC BT 4.0 Desktop Wifi Card

Thanks for any input/thoughts on this configuration!

Last edited:
If you want a 7700K CPU it's best to get the Z270M motherboard to go with it. That way it leaves overclocking options for you if you want to do that later. H270s don't allow much overclocking. It will also increase the resale value of your build if you decide to sell it in a few years. Everything else looks to be in order.

Fenvi FV-T919 802.11AC in the buyers guide does not point to that card anymore
and they are pretty much out of stock wherever you look .

If you want a 7700K CPU it's best to get the Z270M motherboard to go with it. That way it leaves overclocking options for you if you want to do that later. H270s don't allow much overclocking. It will also increase the resale value of your build if you decide to sell it in a few years. Everything else looks to be in order.
Thank's a lot trs96! A very constructive input. Do you think the z270m is enough or is the z270mx worth the extra bucks? And in between the two graphic cards I mentioned is there one that you would recommend? (Note: this is a build for video editing and After Effects work and not for gaming)

Last edited:
Thank's a lot trs96! A very constructive input. Do you think the z270m is enough or is the z270mx worth the extra bucks? And in between the two graphic cards I mentioned is there one that you would recommend? (Note: this is a build for video editing and After Effects work and not for gaming)
I would go with the EVGA 1060 and the Z270m motherboard. Put the saved money to use elsewhere in your build.

I would go with the EVGA 1060 and the Z270m motherboard. Put the saved money to use elsewhere in your build.
Indeed!

I'm almost there. One last question concerning the SSD drive, it don't matter if I choose to go for the Crucial MX300 instead of the Samsung?

Indeed!

I'm almost there. One last question concerning the SSD drive, it don't matter if I choose to go for the Crucial MX300 instead of the Samsung?
MX300 will work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back