Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi
This is my first Build and it's stuck at the USB boot. Goes to white apple logo and then after a minute I get a gray-on-white no entry symbol over the screen. Been googling but didn't find a solution. :/

Gigabyte GA-Z77-DS3H motherboard (using onboard graphics for now)
Intel Core i5 3570K - 3.4 GHz
Corsair 16GB (2 x 8GB) Vengeance
WD Caviar Green 1TB (SSD still in delivery)

I followed the main ML guide and as far as I know I have done everything exactly per the book so far.

What should I try?
Thanks!

Nitsan.
www.youtube.com/nitsanpictures

I'm using USB card reader with an SD memory card, would this cause such a problem?

This is the only thing I can figure which is different to the instructions - Because I don't have a thumb drive.

This is where it gets stuck.

Screen shot 2013-04-11 at 9.46.22.PM.JPG

I would simply disconnect the USB card reader from the system then try it. I have one as well with no boot issue but it was of no value to me to do this. Someone else posted a message here about encountering this same issue and suggested to disconnect reader. Good luck!

Hello,
when you reach this stop sign, just disconnect your reader and reconnect it in another usb port, the install should restart a few seconds later.
Also be sure to use USB 2.0 port and not 3.0
Chris

You are literally the best person who ever existed. :p

I was using a damn USB 3 port. I didn't see that anywhere in the tutorial and didn't think of trying different ports. Got my machine up and running. Thanks!

Thanks to everyone else too!

Screen shot 2013-04-12 at 4.32.54.PM.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back