i7-8700K
Graphics
GTX 980 x 2
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
HI All,

I am thinking about replacing my MacPro 5.1 with a hackintosh costume built PC.

I am very confused as to what would be the best hardware to buy, giving that I want to have two NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980 4095 MB, graphic cards in the computer. I would also like to have very fast motherboard that can support two graphic cards and possibly 64gb Ram/Icore7 processor possibly 8core if this is possible.

I can not stress out how important is that my machine renders 3d very fast, being that I am using Cinema 4d.

In addition I am thinking of using both PC and Mac. Both will be installed on separate SSD drives.
final question is can I install latest ElCapitain on this newly build computer.

If anybody has a link to parts that I need to buy it would be amazing.

In other words graphic card speed x2, loads of ram and good processor.

Any help is very much appreciated.

HI All,

I am thinking about replacing my MacPro 5.1 with a hackintosh costume built PC.

I am very confused as to what would be the best hardware to buy, giving that I want to have two NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980 4095 MB, graphic cards in the computer. I would also like to have very fast motherboard that can support two graphic cards and possibly 64gb Ram/Icore7 processor possibly 8core if this is possible.

I can not stress out how important is that my machine renders 3d very fast, being that I am using Cinema 4d.

In addition I am thinking of using both PC and Mac. Both will be installed on separate SSD drives.
final question is can I install latest ElCapitain on this newly build computer.

If anybody has a link to parts that I need to buy it would be amazing.

In other words graphic card speed x2, loads of ram and good processor.

Any help is very much appreciated.

Take a look at some of the successful X99 User Builds. They are not recommended in the Buyer's Guide and harder to configure but if you want 6 or more cores in your CPU it's the best way to go. The X99 systems will also give you the smoothest experience when editing and rendering 4K content. That chipset is also better suited to running 64 or more GB of ram. The max you can go with Z170 is 64. X99 is the better choice for Pro workstations.

Why not wait for the GTX1080 versus two GTX980 reviews come out? As it is the GTX1080 will come out with 8GB of RAM, does more video decoders, have a higher base clock, has higher 4K refresh rates, etc.; and two can be SLI'd. Just make sure that you get a 1000W or 1200W PSU.

https://www.pugetsystems.com/blog/2...-at-GTX-1080-performance-in-Premiere-Pro-804/

What's the price of the GTX980 versus the cost of the two GTX980s, TitanX, GTX1080, and two GTX1080s?

https://www.amazon.com/clouddrive/s...f_=cd_ph_share_link_copy&tag=tonymacx86com-20

You still have time to do a lot of research before committing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back