Gigabyte Z87MX-D3H
CPU
i7 4770K
Graphics
VEGA 56
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hi @pastrychef @jaymonkey @blouse @trs96,

So im in the process of creating a build identicle to my main build in my signature below except with a Radeon VII in place of the two VEGA 64's.

I was wondering as the specifications/components are identical if I can use CCC to clone my drive off my working build (copying efi data manually of course also) to get this build working? Lazy I know but it's working flawlessly and would be helpful to have all the plugins/software etc and save time. Will this work or will I encounter problems? I will make sure my master machine is with 10.14.5 also for Radeon VII support?

Many thanks,

Alex

Hi @pastrychef @jaymonkey @blouse @trs96,

So im in the process of creating a build identicle to my main build in my signature below except with a Radeon VII in place of the two VEGA 64's.

I was wondering as the specifications/components are identical if I can use CCC to clone my drive off my working build (copying efi data manually of course also) to get this build working? Lazy I know but it's working flawlessly and would be helpful to have all the plugins/software etc and save time. Will this work or will I encounter problems? I will make sure my master machine is with 10.14.5 also for Radeon VII support?

Many thanks,

Alex

It should work fine. Just edit your config.plist with new Serial, Board Serial, and UUID.

can use CCC to clone my drive off my working build (copying efi data manually of course also) to get this build working? Lazy I know but it's working flawlessly and would be helpful to have all the plugins/software etc and save time.

@alexjibcam,

I use a base build all the time which i clone to new machines so you should be fine, as @pastrychef said, just be sure to create new system id's (MLB, ROM, Serial .. etc) before booting the new machine.

Cheers
Jay

@alexjibcam,

I use a base build all the time which i clone to new machines so you should be fine, as @pastrychef said, just be sure to create new system id's (MLB, ROM, Serial .. etc) before booting the new machine.

Cheers
Jay

Thanks,

To clarify do the serial numbers have to be correct or just different?

Also looking at my config.plist file using Clover configurator and textedit I can only seem to locate the SmUUID, all other field appear to be blank. It would be most helpful if you could point me in the direction of what to change in the config.plist? I've attached my config.plist.

Many thanks,

Alex

Attachments

• 15600234806197546002619064411506.jpg
    15600234806197546002619064411506.jpg
    10.2 MB · Views: 34
  • config.plist
    6.9 KB · Views: 38
To clarify do the serial numbers have to be correct or just different?

@alexjibcam,

You should always check that the serial number is valid but unregistered.

You can use the methods in the iMessage to guide to check validity :-

Clover Configurator is a pretty good tool these days for generating new SMBIOS SystemID's, just be sure to click on the "Generate New" buttons a few times ... same goes for the MLB, ROM and SMUID on the RT Variables page.

Then check the S/N using the methods in the iMessage guide.

Jay

Hi, so I was looking to update my current build to system Def 19,1 as this is the one designed for my i9 9900k. I am currently using 18,3 as this was all that was avaiable when I made my orginal build (in my signature). When trying to update to 19,1 via multibeast or CCG when I try and reboot I get a black stop symbol directly after my Clover screen.

Do I need to change to 19,1 or will 18,3 suffice?

Thanks.

Hi, so I finished my build today. In the process I migrated everything to nVME m.2 drives to improve performance. Everything works great including the clone except the Radeon 7.

I had to call it a day for now but it won't boot with the Radeon 7 just hangs early on in the apple progress bar after Clover. Tried using a vanilla USB boot and other USBs I have lieing around but always hangs on the same position.

I have been reading and think this could be iGPU related so will check tomorrow by disabling integrated graphics.

From reading futher I was just wondering if it's worth just sticking with 2 X VEGA64s in both machines and returning the Radeon 7 for compabilty as they are around the same cost. I would prefer to use iGPU as we use FCPX often.

What do you think?

Thanks,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back