Contribute
Register

New build of VoodooHDA, testers needed

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have installed it on z77a-g43 with 982 and it seems to work for now. However i think that minimum audio volume is too high.

roma, you can disable the HalfVolumeFix in the kext's plist to lower the volume. It really depends on your speakers, some with underpowered ones need it. If you edit the kext's plist in-place, make sure you rebuild the kext cache to update it.

Hey SL, this is what I got after installing on my P7P55D.

View attachment 36053

Same.. I get a ton of 'Digital-out (HDMI)', but the Headphone (Rear Green) is right on the money! I get audio out like a dream! I use an older stereo system via its 'Video' input and it sounds nice and clear when playing an online radio station I'm a member of. Audio input isn't needed because I have a USB mic.

Thanks SJ!

EDIT: Just as I posted this I heard the audio sputter out... but that could have been the radio station... I'll test with some MP3s and report back.

As a followup to my own post there, I get some distortion when watching YouTube videos, and when audio reaches a certain peak volume. I've only had this happen a few times so far, but that's just my experience. Also, occasionally on boot up I get KPs (kernel panics). I can see the cause just briefly as the 'You have to restart' multi-lingual thing paints itself down the center of the screen. Other than that, it's really nice having audio without depending on flakey USB audio solutions, that work sometimes, but others at time of boot need to be unplugged and replugged to get to work. I'll gladly continue testing this kext build as new versions are released. BRING IT ON! lol.

i have G31M-ES2L rev 2.0 mobo. I installed ML successfully. there is no problem ethernet and graphic card. one thing i can't install audio driver. which must i choose for audio. mine is ALC883 but if i install that doesn't start ML and i can't see desktop (black screen)

pls help anybody

those having KPs when theyve already removed AppleHDA should probably change the kext's plist using the method described in the "previous version" link above. that is, change ClassMatch to PrimaryMatch and insert your audio device's ID. For some reason specific graphics card HDMI builds KP and no one is entirely sure why. By default VoodooHDA will attach itself to all HD Audio devices on your system (not USB).

G31M-ES2L rev 2.0 motherboard

this kext is working and my issue is fixed

ALC883

thank you tonymac and SJ

Any progress with this driver lately? For anyone that's having peak audio issues, the only way I can fix it is by toggling outputs from Sys Preferences.

I feel a bit of a dolt here but... I accidentally ran the VooDooHDA install on my Mac Pro instead of the remote window of the test pc. Now no audio works on the Mac Pro and no way to uninstall. Totally my fault but any help would be so appreciated!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back