Contribute
Register

New build of VoodooHDA, testers needed

Status
Not open for further replies.
to uninstall VoodooHDA you must unload the kext (usually the 2nd try will work), then you can delete it.

I have updated to voodoo 2.8 and it seems that random kp's ceased.

I installed the kext at the beginning of this post and my sound worked perfectly. (HDMI).

Having had to move my Customac to another room, I had to use a VGA cable. After moving my Customac back and using a HDMI again, the sound disappeared.

How can that happen? And how can I not get any sound at all?

is it gone entirely, or just the HDMI?

In all honesty, my CustoMac is in a Quicksilver case. Before I put the plastic casing back on, the sound was perfect.

Now the plastic's back on, it's stopped working and I don't have access to the green rear port. Stupid I know, but I didn't really intend to use the Audio outs as my TV doesn't have Audio ins.

I reckon it's working though, I can't see why it wouldn't be. It's universal!

i meant do you still have entries in SysPrefs > Sound, and SysInfo > Audio. Also check using DPCIManager

looks like you're missing the HDA entry in SysInfo. Try removing Voodoo and any other HDA (Apple, Enabler), then restart. Reinstall VoodooHDA when you login.

Right!

I've moved my CustoMac back into the living room and plugged it back into the TV using HDMI.

It works! And I swear to god all I've changed is the TV!

Thanks for your time though. How is this possible though?

Ok,
I have tried this on Lion and is not showing nothing so don't go install it lol :headbang:

System info
10.7.5 with combo update from L2
SoundMAX on-broad soundcard.

but i got it back via VoodooHDA_Lion.kext.zip :) with the previous voodoohda

Tested !!!
Sound & Mic ok, HDMI device found, but HDMI not working !!!
Connected to my samsung TV, when select the HDMI audio - "The selected device has no output controls"

Attachments

• HDA.jpg
    HDA.jpg
    218.1 KB · Views: 264
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back