CPU
i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz
Graphics
RTX 2070 SUPER
Classic Mac
  1. Power Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
You do realize that the secure links to newegg are only available to you when you log in to your account?

If you want other people to see your build list use another method.

That is false

I'd get a different USB key, as the actual key looking ones are pretty slow...
This one isn't bad for $6 http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820301126 (I mean in terms of performance)
Or you could pay $10 for a USB 3.0 drive http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820235149 (yes, you can install OS X from it using the ports on the rear of the board) which is a lot faster.

Don't waste your money on the tool kit either, all you need is a philips screw driver and maybe a small adjustable wrench or a pair of pliers for the motherboard stands-offs.

I'd say you could dial back that PSU to 550W as well, even if you were to get the 560 Ti (which by the way will be discontinued soon-ish).

Thanks I will be looking at different PSU's, and I want a USB that is durable (8GB) and can be put on a key ring, so i can take it to class all the time.

Your build looks good!!!

Do you happen to live near a micro center?? Their processor prices are incredible, and you can get an additional $50 off when combined with some mobos (yours is one of them...)

Your PSU is compatible, but you can get just as good of one for wayy less.... try a ModXStream brand (and i'm not saying that just because I have one lol)

And go with the Hyper 212+ and not the EVO, it takes up a little less space and cools the exact same pretty much for usually $5 or more less

The case is good too, and as long as you like how it looks go for it!!

Best of luck dude!!! If you ever need any help, feel free to shoot me a PM!

thanks alot for the reply, and I will change to the 212= and look for another PSU !!

My advice would be to scratch the tool kit and you might be able to find a similarly priced monitor with an included dvi cable. (Why would they ship a 23" monitor with a vga cable anyway?)

You shouldn't need a $30 tool kit just a #1 and #2 Philips. Everything on a Corsair case is tool-less or thumb screws minus the mobo and psu.

And to agree with JGW310 about the power supply you should be able to get into something a bit more affordable of you're not going modular.

You could go with a 550ti or a 640(?) I think it is and save some money. Unless you plan on playing games often or running 4 monitors an approx $100 card shouldm't limit you on a single monitor.

I suck a finding PSU's

I also plan on getting a 660TI when I save for it.

I would drop to a 600watt just for future proofing reasons.

Thanks I will be looking at different PSU's, and I want a USB that is durable (8GB) and can be put on a key ring, so i can take it to class all the time.

Seriously, get a cheap drive for OS X and leave it at home, you might end up needing it more than once, trust me on this, but once you start messing around, re-installs are a part of having a hack if you screw up too badly...
That said, I guess you won't be messing around too much trying out various kexts etc...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back