Contribute
Register

New build High Sierra no shutdown.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ive not gone into the usb set up guid fully yet but i already have the USBInjectAll.kext
in my folder. not sure about how to do the rest, I will have to study everything. Just as a question as Im not an expert, but why would anything connected with USB stop the system shutting down?

I think I've cured it. As I hadn't installed audio properly, I installed audio ALC888 legacy via multibeast. After this was installed it shut down properly twice, then after I had been using a USB stick which I removed before shutting down I found myself in the boot cycle again. I checked the plist and ticked reset hda and it seems to have worked as its all shutting down so far. So everything is working as far as I can tell but will do a more thorough check tomorrow. Phew.

Ive not gone into the usb set up guid fully yet but i already have the USBInjectAll.kext
in my folder. not sure about how to do the rest, I will have to study everything. Just as a question as Im not an expert, but why would anything connected with USB stop the system shutting down?
usb issues vary and you should do it fully, only having USBinjectAll.kext is not correct and can cause lots of issues, especially in regards to sleep and shutdown issues

last time i will mention this

usb issues vary and you should do it fully, only having USBinjectAll.kext is not correct and can cause lots of issues, especially in regards to sleep and shutdown issues

last time i will mention this
I will look into it further, but seems a bit complicated for me as im only a novice, but I will read through it a few times to see if I can do it. Thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back