RX 580
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hey guys and gals out there. I need some help.
I started a new build today and I'm losing video sync after the boot screen.
I've tried everything's I've read about but nothing short of shutting the machine down and unplugging/replugging the monitor restores video for me.
I installed W8PRO on the m-Sata drive so I could update the bios to F9 as I've read in freddarr's post.
This is all about making a PCI based Pro Tools HD machine.

Both my Apple Cinema Display and my TV monitor worked fine in W8 Pro. No problem at all.

Booting in -x or anything else (-f, -s, GE=Y, GE=N, PCIR=1, PCIR=0...) gets me as far as the Apple boot screen then I lose sync.
If I boot without any prompt I get the IOPCI... KP.
That happens on any drive installed. I have multiple HDs with 10.7 & 10.8 and different versions of Pro Tools.
Any ideas on how to get past this so I can reformat the m-Sata drive (as I don't need W8 anymore) or any drive for that matter?

.... I just built a new ML USB drive using UniBeast 2.1.1 and my purchased copy of ML. Same thing.
I thought maybe the older USB drives might be the problem.
I've even burned a new r-Boot CD but that let's me boot to the HDs but every single HD loses sync (black screen) after the Apple boot screen except for the W8 HD. That boots with no problem and both the Cinema Display (DVI > ADC) and the TV monitor (DVI > HDMI) work fine.

I was having a problem with a 9800GT card but I found out that the 9800GT does not support DVI > HDMI conversion. I thought digital was digital. Anyway that's not my issue anymore. That card is no longer in the machine.

I see many posts about this "black screen" problem in various places.
Anyone have any ideas? I've gone though the bios several times to see if it's something I've overlooked.

Thanks for your time this. Happy hacking!

BillieJo

Added URL....

Thanks for everything. This is a great place.

OK.
I found a post in Forum → Post Installation → Graphics → Yet Another Black Screen Problem.

Octavean outlined this series of prompts...

-V
PCIRootUID=0
npci=0x3000
GraphicsEnabler=Yes

This got me past the black screen and I was able to install ML onto a new unused SSD.

As I said earlier I'm using a new USB ML boot drive with UniBeast 2.1.1

Installation finished. The machine automatically rebooted. There was the USB drive and the ML SSD.
Booted the ML SSD and... I'm staring at a black screen after the Apple boot screen.

Anyone have any ideas?

Hi,

Use the same boot arguments that you used to get to the installation. This should get you to the registration of OS X followed by the Desktop.

So use them again...

-V
PCIRootUID=0
npci=0x3000
GraphicsEnabler=Yes

And then install MultiBeast? What land mines should I be looking for in the graphics area?

Or is it something to do with the power... null power...?

So use them again...

-V
PCIRootUID=0
npci=0x3000
GraphicsEnabler=Yes

And then install MultiBeast? What land mines should I be looking for in the graphics area?

You will not be looking for any land mines as you will be in safe mode. It should get you to the desktop. Do you have a UEFI BIOS?

Yes, as far as I know. This MB has a dual UEFI Bios.
I'm setting up this P75-D3 now (as I write this) for the first time.
I have an outline from freddar who has the same MB which I was going to use.

Here it is:

Important Bios F9
Disable Intel Virtulization Technology
Sata mode AHCI
Super IO Cofiguration Disable Serial Port and Parallel

Boot from Unibeat USB 10.8.2
Install OS
Update to 10.8.3 and erase the AppleTyMCEDriver in S\L\Extensions if don’t erase it you will have PK.

Multibeast 5.2.1
UserDSDT or DSDT-Free
887Audio\Realtek\WithoutDSDT\ALC887\888b
Trim Enabler\ 10.8.1 if you use a SSD
Network\Realtek - Lnx2Mac
Bootloader\Chimera
System Definition\MAcPro 5,1

Restart

I'm standing by for any other info you can supply.
Thank you so much wildwillow.

Yes, as far as I know. This MB has a dual UEFI Bios.
I'm setting up this P75-D3 now (as I write this) for the first time.
I have an outline from freddar who has the same MB which I was going to use.

Here it is:

Important Bios F9
Disable Intel Virtulization Technology
Sata mode AHCI
Super IO Cofiguration Disable Serial Port and Parallel

Boot from Unibeat USB 10.8.2
Install OS
Update to 10.8.3 and erase the AppleTyMCEDriver in S\L\Extensions if don’t erase it you will have PK.

Multibeast 5.2.1
UserDSDT or DSDT-Free
887Audio\Realtek\WithoutDSDT\ALC887\888b
Trim Enabler\ 10.8.1 if you use a SSD
Network\Realtek - Lnx2Mac
Bootloader\Chimera
System Definition\MAcPro 5,1

Restart

I'm standing by for any other info you can supply.
Thank you so much wildwillow.

You seem yo know your motherboard, apply those settings in MultiBeast and reboot.

I don't know what I know. But I have had lots of help from fantastic people like you.
I have installed MultiBeast and have internet and audio.
Now I'll stop for the evening as I've been at this non-stop for the last 3 days.

Tomorrow I will back this HD up, then connect all my other HDs back and put the PCIx boards back in.
Then try to migrate all my apps from my previously working 10.8.4 (which I'm at now) HD.

Wish me luck.
Not sure if the migration will add any unwanted S/L/Es.
I wasn't having any problems with the DigiDal.kext as some people were.

Thanks again wildwillow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back