i7-6700K
Graphics
970GTX
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hello,

I want to build a hackintosh for photo editing and casual gaming ( LoL, DOtA, CS:Go).
Can you please tell me if those components are compatible with El capitan and recommend me a power supply.
Here is what I got so for consulting december buyer's guide:

http://www.pcgarage.ro/vizualizare-wishlist/1504563/

Looks fine to me, I'd add a CPU cooler though.

For the PSU, a Corsair RM 650W as indicated in the buyer's guide is great, you can prolly also do with the 550W (depends if you want to OC and SLI in the future).

With that GPU you'll have to go with the web drivers, it's not supported OOB.

No hard drive for datas ?

I already have a hdd that I can use with my build.

So that nvidia card will work for sure with web drivers?

To make it work I have to unmount it and plug the monitor cable into the mobo, then install drivers, mount it back and boot with nv_disable=0 and nvdr enable right?

I already have a hdd that I can use with my build.

So that nvidia card will work for sure with web drivers?

To make it work I have to unmount it and plug the monitor cable into the mobo, then install drivers, mount it back and boot with nv_disable=0 and nvdr enable right?

Discrete GPU must be installed to download/install the nVidia web driver. Use CPU graphics to install OS X, then install GPU, boot with nv_disable=1 and download/install driver from nVidia. Add nvda_drv=1 to boot-args in Clover, set the default to nVidia drivers with the pref pane, reboot. It should come up with the nVidia driver working.

Thank you.

I will go for it with a Seasonic S12II-620 Bronze 620W power supply. I don't see it as recommended in buyer's guide, but I think it is okay.

For modern boards and CPUs it is better to have a closer regulation of power than the Bronze standard is capable of. Also, power efficiency should be better then 85%. Suggest you go with http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817151088 instead. It is only US$30 more than the Bronze rated one you listed and well worth it IMHO. Do not short yourself on the PSU.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back