Graphics
Nvidia 760
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Just built up from scratch. Used some of the hardware from Tony's post re: 3 simple builds. I used the intermediate one.
Hardware is:
Gigabyte GA-P55M - UD4 Intel Core HeatPipe Micro ATX Motherboard
Intel Core i7 860 Processor 2.80 GHz 8 MB LGA1156 CPU I7-860BOX
EVGA nVidia GeForce GTX260 Core 216-55nm Superclocked 896 MB DDR3 2DVI PCI-Express Video Card 896-P3-1257-AR

Used iboot and Multibeast as outlined on the site. Used the DSDT listed in tony's database for my board with User DSDT and system utils and also the kext for usbfamily.
Now whenever I boot up and try to use any mouse, usb or bluetooth, the mouse just moves on it's own all over the desktop. Noticed this after I turned it on for the second time and walked away briefly. Came back to 9 new folders on the desktop and i watched as my mouse made more all on it's own. If I try to take control of it, it doesn't notice. Just continues on as it wants. Makes it nearly impossible to change anything.

Also upon wake from sleep the mouse/keyboard no longer work.

Thanks, please let me know if you need further info. Right now I'm going nuts with the mouse thing. I've tried the standard bluetooth apple mouse, an old imac mouse, 2 logitech usb mice wireless and wired. All do the same.

Edited to add: Updated per tony's post to 10.6.4 and have 4gb ram. Watching the mouse go crazy as we speak. Crazy mouse.

No thoughts on this? It's rendering the computer unusable as the mouse does not do anything properly.

Is it possible that your crazy mouse problem is due to installing the USBfamily kext? I don't think it's necessary when using the DSDT installation option as USB is supported natively.

I've read that the frozen keyboard/mouse on wake problem can be worked around by waking the machine using the power button instead of the keyboard.

I personally can't get my machine to wake from sleep reliably (the motherboard freezes). It seems to work the first time from a cold boot but subsequent sleeps fail to wake. Which BIOS version are you using? Did you custom edit your DSDT file? I'd really like to get my sleep problem resolved so any clues would be helpful. Thanks!

I'm using the most recent bios. i've tried with and without that usbfamily kext and it happens both ways.

Regarding my sleep problem, I fixed that by making sure that every option under the power/sleep settings was checked. I found this suggestion from Tony in another thread. Now it wakes up, but my bluetooth mouse stops working upon wakeup. Can be fixed by using a different bluetooth dongle or a usb mouse. :beachball:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back