CPU
I5-8400
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
This is my first time looking into building a hackintosh and after a couple of days of combing through the web for information about parts and compatibility. I've come up with this list. Any suggestions about the hardware would be much appreciated. If there are any issues you may see that I have missed, happy to know and I'll check them out.

Here is the list:
Motherboard - Gigabyte Z370P HD3 (Switched from Gigabyte Z370P D3 after replies)
CPU - Intel i5-8400
RAM - Crucial Ballistix Sport LT 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4 @ 2666MHz
Storage - Crucial MX500 500GB 2.5" SSD
Power Supply - Corsair CXM 550W 80+ Bronze
Wifi - TP-Link Archer T9E PCI-Expressx1 802.11a/b/g/n/ac
Bluetooth - IOGear Bluetooth USB 4.0 GBU521W6

Thank you in advance for taking the time to have a look, this is quite new for me, so advice is more than welcome.

Last edited:
This is my first time looking into building a hackintosh and after a couple of days of combing through the web for information about parts and compatibility. I've come up with this list. Any suggestions about the hardware would be much appreciated. If there are any issues you may see that I have missed, happy to know and I'll check them out.

Here is the list:
Motherboard - Gigabyte Z370P D3
CPU - Intel i5-8400
RAM - Crucial Ballistix Sport LT 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4 @ 2666MHz
Storage - Crucial MX500 500GB 2.5" SSD
Power Supply - Corsair CXM 550W 80+ Bronze
Wifi - TP-Link Archer T9E PCI-Expressx1 802.11a/b/g/n/ac
Bluetooth - IOGear Bluetooth USB 4.0 GBU521W6

Thank you in advance for taking the time to have a look, this is quite new for me, so advice is more than welcome.

The motherboard you chose only has HDMI output. While it may very well work, macOS only officially supports 4K@30Hz over HDMI. I feel that macOS works best with DisplayPort and would suggest that you search for a motherboard that has it if you intend to use Intel graphics.

When searching for RAM, it's best to check with the motherboard manufacturers' RAM "qualified vendors list" to check for compatibility.

Personally, I prefer to use Wi-Fi/Bluetooth cards that are used in real Macs. This will require a PCI-e adaptor. Something like this:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Dual-Band-...368556?hash=item3f8772836c:g:HkkAAOSwUiJak62B

*Note: I am not affiliated with the seller in any way and I have never purchased from this seller.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back